Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have an 08 lt 900 that wont start. has new battery, turn key on and everything works as normal. push the start button and nothing. jumped it at the solenoid it turns over but wont fire. clutch switch and kickstand switch test good, any help? thanks

·
Registered
269 Posts
i have an 08 lt 900 that wont start. has new battery, turn key on and everything works as normal. push the start button and nothing. jumped it at the solenoid it turns over but wont fire. clutch switch and kickstand switch test good, any help? thanks
When is the last time it WOULD start and what, if anything, have you done to it since then?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
bike ran fine, it only has 1800 miles on it so i installed a new battery just to be safe and checked the charge rate, charging is 14.2v @ 3000rpm. rode home from work, stopped at the gas station to fuel up, then it would not start. i get nothing when i press the start button.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Check the kill switch. If that's not it, then I would check the battery and the battery connections again. How did you get the bike home?

·
Registered
698 Posts
An 08 bike with only 1800 miles?? Anyhow - yeah the battery change could be just a coincidence but it is suspicious. Is there a fuse blown maybe or the connections have worked loose after changeover?

·
Registered
269 Posts
It appears that the OP just visits this site once every 6 to 9 months to post about a problem he's having with his bike and then disappears before any real resolution of the problem is revealed. Here is a quote that he made back in the summer of 2012 "i am having the same exact problem, 06 900lt, replaced stator, regulator, battery, starter relay and solenoid, starter motor still runs."

It appears that he now has a 2008 bike with similar problems. Either that or he doesn't know what year the bike really is or perhaps he never really solved his initial problems. Anyway, I'm tired of trying to help someone who won't respond to questions. Good luck. Hope you get it fixed.

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
Funny

Had my bike towed home because some kid hit the kill switch on the handlebars.
I got a late night call to go help out my Grandson's Girlfriend whos bike stalled and she couldn't restart it (he was at work or I wouldn't have gone). So, I, go dress, get out the bike, drove around until I finally found her and we talked through what had happened. I knew within 2 minutes of arriving that she had hit the kill switch, but for getting me up, and out of the house to help her, I wanted her to figure it out. She did in just a couple moments after we started talking. She was so convinced that the bike just stalled for no reason that she actually cycled the emer stop on and then back off in going through the MSF starting cycle. I tried not to laugh, but it was so hard. Eventually she looked at the switch and laughed. We went for coffee and I followed her safely back home. Thank goodness I didn't have to work the next day. That switch has gotten the best of new and experienced riders alike.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts