Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have had the bike only for a few months, I have noticed that the horn sounds ridiculously feeble ! it sounds like a horn but such low level noise I am sure nobody else but me can hear it!
We do not use the horn much down here but if a car just cut straight in front of me without any warning I'd like to let her know I am not that happy about it.
I wont do this with this one! Sounds so small for such a sizable bike everyone would burst laughing!
Is this right for the Vulcan 900?
Any good not too expensive aftermarket one available?
Thanks guys
Gilles

·
Registered
156 Posts
go to your local auto parts store and pick up a Fiamm freeway blaster. they're about 10 - 15 bucks. they have both low and high tone. low tone sounds better. its a direct replacement, no relays needed (unless you get both low&high tone)

·
Registered
73 Posts
Amazon has the Fiamm freeway blaster for less than six bucks plus shipping. I bought one and it is 4 times as loud as stock and sounds like a car horn. You can use the same hardware as the original horn. The only thing I added was a lockwasher to fill the hole on the original mounting bracket when you take out the rubber spacers. The original wiring and spade lugs work as stock. Current draw is no more than the original horn so the switch should last. Oh yes the horn bell should face downward to keep out moisture.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks a lot guys!
Sounds easy and affordable to me, I will get one of those.
G.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Get yourself a Stebel air horn. Loudest sucker I ever heard,If that dont get their attention ,they're dead.
You really shouldn't waist your time honking the horn get a louder exhaust. If someone still F's you. Get this tool it's for car tires it twists out the center of the valve and let's the air out. Follow them when they go in a store loosen the valve. They will spend a fortune getting a tow and most likely the repair shop will F them on buying a new tire. That's only if if you're very pissed and they deserve it!

Sent by Lordz of Fire!

·
Registered
74 Posts
You really shouldn't waist your time honking the horn get a louder exhaust. If someone still F's you. Get this tool it's for car tires it twists out the center of the valve and let's the air out. Follow them when they go in a store loosen the valve. They will spend a fortune getting a tow and most likely the repair shop will F them on buying a new tire. That's only if if you're very pissed and they deserve it!

Sent by Lordz of Fire!
A man's actions speak louder than words. :D

·
Registered
186 Posts
Or if the horn doesn't work a golf ball will. Drop one of those so it bounces under the car. It will get trapped there bouncing up and down so they have to stop. No damage but very annoying. Not that I have ever done anything like that before............

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Cagers don't hear loud exhaust until you're pulling away from them. A loud horn can get their attention before it's too late.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts