Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone!

This is my first post, I just picked up an '07 V900 Custom with 10K on it. Coming off a Ninja and loving this Cruiser. I recently stopped for a fill up and now the fuel guage is dead!

It is sitting below E. I figure I have a loose wire but unfortunately did not receive the manual with the used vehicle purchase. Does anyone have a diagram or a link to where I can find a user manual for this baby!

I've been looking around and have noticed some posts on the reliability of the fuel gauges on these bikes if anyone has any advice please help. Loving this machine all the same, I think a 230 rear mod is in the future!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Mine did the same about 5000 miles ago.

It's an all-in-one situation. US$300 for a replacement unit.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I had mine go at around 6k miles last year still under warranty at the time. The dealer had replaced the whole unit. They told me that it is somewhat common and the cause is from over filling it. I checked the wires and fuses before I left it at the dealer.

·
Registered
92 Posts
In my last 4 fill ups, I sat on the bike, and filled the tank. Then I put the bike on the kickstand. I noticed that the fluid level dropped noticeably.

I guess I'll only fill up until the fuel flow stops.

Live and learn.

·
Registered
941 Posts
I fill it on the sidestand, til it reaches the little hole. I don't like the pump stoping on its own. Cuz it usually splashes, then I get gas all over my paint on my tank. But should I fill it with me sitting on it so it is level, and then go to the little hole?

·
Registered
92 Posts
I fill it on the sidestand, til it reaches the little hole. I don't like the pump stoping on its own. Cuz it usually splashes, then I get gas all over my paint on my tank. But should I fill it with me sitting on it so it is level, and then go to the little hole?
If you fill it to the little hole, while it is on the stand, you are overfilling it, and sooner or later the fuel gauge will burn out/break.

When the pump stops, on the kick stand, it will usually be full, when straight up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts