Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats up every one i recently picked up a 07 900 custome with the pipes debaffled and a hyper charger. the guy gave me a powercomander 3 new in the box. what map should i use i found one that had cobra pipes and hypercharger in the notes. another wuestion when i pull up the map there are 2 options for it and all of them. when your looking at the map on the top it says map 1 and map 2 whats up with that. thanks

·
Registered
424 Posts
With the stock pipes you should use map M225-001.djm or the stock map. Pipes may be louder now but the catalytic convert 's are still there And they block the air flow.

Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what about the hypercharger and what version of that map when i view it there are 2 dif maps. if u pull up the map then look at the top it will say like map 1 and map 2

·
Registered
424 Posts
You need to change the map to the stock map, the map you are using is for after market pipes. The stock pipes will not flow enough for the settings in the advanced map.

The advanced map settings allows you to set different fuel mixtures for each cylinder, some bikes with advanced ECU units can take advantage of the function. Some Race Bikes can set all 4 cylinders at different settings.

Not so sure for our bike.

Anyway the map you are talking about is WAAAYYY to rich for your current setup.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Your best option would be to seach your area for someone that has a Dyno machine that can build you a map just for your bike's setup, it may cost up to $300+ but in the end it's better than any map your gonna download for free.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
cool so just run the stock map then and dont worry about the comander or run the M225-001.djm map

·
Registered
424 Posts
Yup until you get the pipes changed there is not a great amount of air flow. However, the stock map is not the greatest, if you have the PC 3, pop the baby on and run the stock pipe with aftermarket air map, which is M225-001.djm. Expect some Fuel Millage Loss and try to get the grin off before entering buildings.

OK now, we have a small rule that PICTURES are REQUIRED from all new Members.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts