Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Different brands are different heights. Might need to slot the mounting brackets. The nubbies on a 90/90 Metzeler ME880 Marathon hit my fender until they wore down.

·
Registered
2019 VN900 Custom
146 Posts
You didn’t say if this bike was new to you or not, but the stock 80/90 R21 tire would buy you an additional 1/3” of clearance.
Font Rectangle Parallel Number Pattern

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have Bridgestone 90/90 and it's about 1/8" too.
it's doing fine, no rubbing or anything, just stay away from the gravel.
even 90mm is too narrow a tire for this bike IMO

·
Registered
447 Posts
I used a piece of 2" wide flat stock and made brackets to "lift" the fender higher. I ran an Avon 90/90 and had at least an inch of clearance

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have Bridgestone 90/90 and it's about 1/8" too.
it's doing fine, no rubbing or anything, just stay away from the gravel.
even 90mm is too narrow a tire for this bike IMO
I'm in Iowa so gravel is almost necessary at any given time. Since this post I've had to "tweak" my fender brace back to straight because of gravel.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Can anyone measure the Custom fender from mounting holes to inside height of the fender? I'm a new owner of a 2007 900 classic with NO fender, and I've mostly seen the Custom fenders for sale and don't know if they'll fit mine with stock tire size. My front wheel height from mounting point is about 4 7/8"...

Tire Wheel Vehicle Bicycle tire Automotive tire

·
Registered
447 Posts
Can anyone measure the Custom fender from mounting holes to inside height of the fender? I'm a new owner of a 2007 900 classic with NO fender, and I've mostly seen the Custom fenders for sale and don't know if they'll fit mine with stock tire size. My front wheel height from mounting point is about 4 7/8"...

View attachment 257084
the Custom fenders are skinnier than the classic due to the wheel/tire. you would have to raise it up more to avoid the slanting brackets and would probably look bleh

quick search here: front fenders for kawasaki vulcan 900 classic in Fenders: Search Result | eBay

Reactions: sledar

·
Registered
447 Posts
Thanks, makes sense. It's a goofy situation since I have no perspective regarding what originally came on the bike...
the link I put there has fenders and brackets (and both as a whole set), the classic bracket is basically a "U" shape that bolts to the underside of the fender itself, and then to the fork mounts

1 - 17 of 17 Posts