Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am considering removing my windshield. Should I expect any blowback on that? Pun intended.

Have driven in some windy conditions, but feel like the wind from the side was worse. I feel like the look of the bike would improve with the windshield being removed and may look for a shorter windshield or whatever something smaller may be called.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
For 38 years the first accessory I put on every bike has been a windshield. On the rare occasion that I ride without one I find that I'm exhausted from fighting the headwind after a relatively short ride. But then, I'm 65 years old so maybe I tire too easily. That said, I have noticed that when I ride with a group, the shieldless riders to tend to drop out early. I would say, pull it off and ride it. If you don't like it, put it back on. Have fun and let us know what you decide.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am a pretty new rider just starting last July. Thank you and will post back if I decide to try it out.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Just remember, a windshield has to be sized properly to be of any benefit.
When in your normal riding position the top of the shield should be level with the tip of your nose. If any shorter the shield is for looks only. No wind blocking effect.
A property sized windshield coupled with a set of fork deflectors can make a world of difference.
I bought my bike from a lady that was 4 ft 6 inches tall. She had a short shield on it. It was useless for me. With the right size shield I'm in heaven.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am not a tall guy, so the windshield is plenty high enough.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts