Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The 2 cruisers I previously owned were 06 HD Sportster XL883L and 07 HD Sportster XL1200C. Recently I went away from H-D and bought a 06 Vulcan 1500 classic.

I have to say, I am really pleased with the Vulcan. The Vulcan was only $3000 which is half of what a 06 or so H-D 1500 or bigger would have costed. The Vulcan has a better “dash” cluster with a fuel gauge and none of that HD Vibration.
It was also easier to pull parts from Bc it didn’t have a dozen different size bolts and torx screws like the H-D’s.
Anyone else come to the Vulcan from Harley? What you think ?

·
Super Moderator
3,270 Posts
Have had a few Harleys over the years. Really like the way they look. Was fortunate to always have multiple bikes and when going for any longer ride, the nod went to the Gold Wing. The other bikes I owned had better handling, brakes, and more technology. But really liked the look and sound of my Road King. Hey everybody has different tastes and like different bikes for different reasons. If everyone liked the same things the lines would be too long. 😀

·
Registered
143 Posts
I, too, came from the HDs to the Vulcans....I do not hate HDs, the things I dislike are personal items, they provided almost 40 years of learning, making a good living for myself.
The vibration, parts being too expensive, quailty of parts, etc.
The bike is geared toward the middle class and upper class....If you can't see yourself spending $20K on a bike.....Harleys aren't for you....
They make decent enough older bikes....New bikes, your buying a name, and a company that once was.....

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I, too, came from the HDs to the Vulcans....I do not hate HDs, the things I dislike are personal items, they provided almost 40 years of learning, making a good living for myself.
The vibration, parts being too expensive, quailty of parts, etc.
The bike is geared toward the middle class and upper class....If you can't see yourself spending $20K on a bike.....Harleys aren't for you....
They make decent enough older bikes....New bikes, your buying a name, and a company that once was.....
exactly.I like Harleys as well but I wanted to try something different. I like the move so far.

·
Registered
168 Posts
My wife is the Kaw rider. I have and ride an HD V-Rod and love it. 75k miles on a 2004 model

·
Registered
143 Posts
My wife is the Kaw rider. I have and ride an HD V-Rod and love it. 75k miles on a 20040 model
OK, I've got a soft spot for the ElectraGlides, I love the Street Glides....the VRods had potential and Harley squandered it....
Harley, with the bigger engines, needed to go to the liquid cooled VTwin like MaKawa did back in the 80's....
MaKawa made a liquid cooled cylinder that looked like a air cooled cylinder....HD could've done that, bike would have improved, but they didn't do it....and missed several other improvements....I love the bikes, I love the Co., but the quality just isn't there anymore....

·
Registered
378 Posts
The Vulcan 1500 is going to be way more comfortable than a sportster. But don't take my word for it, take them both for a test ride.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts