Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased my Vulcan 900 Classic with some slight damage. I have fixed everything except the Handlebars. The Handlebars have a every so slight bend. I never noticed it until the dealership did my tires and they knew almost right away. So I figure it has to be replaced. I did notice the bend after they pointed it out.

I guess what I am looking for is advice. Should I just get a identical OEM replacement? Should I look for a different name brand? Is there any cool handlebars that don't require me to extend wires or do anything major?

I want to be able to pretty much just make it as simple as possible without major work.

I can reach em fine, and they feel ok. I just wonder how many of you guys replaced your handlebars for something different and were really happy about it. I am 6' tall and can reach and touch everything just fine.

·
Registered
658 Posts
depends on what you want to do, you could go OEM and be done, or you can go with something else. My brother has 10" apes on his classic, with no mods to the cables, using the stock risers.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
depends on what you want to do, you could go OEM and be done, or you can go with something else. My brother has 10" apes on his classic, with no mods to the cables, using the stock risers.

I guess I have never been into Apes, this is my first cruiser. I have always owned a sport bike. So I dont like to much of a rise. I kinda like the look of the risers on some of the customs I see.

Ive noticed a lot of Barons are they pretty nice over OEM?

·
Registered
658 Posts
I guess I have never been into Apes, this is my first cruiser. I have always owned a sport bike. So I dont like to much of a rise. I kinda like the look of the risers on some of the customs I see.

I'm not sure about Barons, but if you like the look of risers and drag bars you could run the set-up that I have on my custom. I have the OEM Custom dragbars on 2" risers. Again, no modifications or reroute for the stock cables.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm not sure about Barons, but if you like the look of risers and drag bars you could run the set-up that I have on my custom. I have the OEM Custom dragbars on 2" risers. Again, no modifications or reroute for the stock cables.

I'm like those Dragbars on the custom, but on the classic. For some reason I think the stock looks pretty good.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well whats bent? your bars are bent right? so you can use your stock risers and get like 10 inch apes or soemthing smaller.
I don't do apes at all. Yes the oem handlebars are bent(slightly). I can only notice now that the dealership pointed it out. And its still hard to tell. But I somehow feel it's necessary to replace. I have the distinct feeling I am just going to stay stock oem.

·
Registered
318 Posts

I've got a set of Baron 4" rise with 1.5" pullback. No cable reroute or change. I got them to bring the bars a little closer to me... I'm 5'8" and an old geezer with a chronic backache. They almost fixed my problem but not quite. I'm thinking about a set of these bars: http://www.cruisercustomizing.com/baron-custom-accessories-nostalgia-bar-fits-most-cruisers/part/BA-7307-00

Jeff
Vulcan 900 LT
Mustang Seat - Kuryakyn passenger floorboards - LeatherLyke Large Cruiser Bag
Vietnam Vet - Combat Infantryman's Badge - Purple Heart w/ Oak Leaf Cluster

1 - 11 of 11 Posts