Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have recently lost one andfrom what i cantell they are not sold seperately any suggestions?

·
Registered
155 Posts
Spare parts are not in their product line, but I have found Leather Up to be very helpful every time I contact them. I would call their customer service to see if they can help.

If you know a good boot repair shop, then can help with buckles and straps that probably won't match the originals, but it shouldn't cost too much to replace the others to have a matching set. (I am aware that leather repair is a disappearing art, but there are a few left; you just have to look for them.)

Good luck,
Jerry

·
Registered
7 Posts
Try a camping/outdoor store

One of the buckles my (used) 900LT's bags was replaced with a blue buckle when I bought it. Somebody used a piece of black leather to sew the buckle to the existing saddlebag strap, and it matches the other except for color.

You may be able to find a matching buckle at a camping/outdoor store. These types of buckles are frequently used with nylon webbing for compression straps, climbing gear, etc. Buckles should be relatively cheap, I'd recommend you try to buy locally since shipping cost would probably be more than the buckle itself.

Not saying these specifically would work, but take a look at something like

http://www.plastic-buckle.com/ph328-dual-adjustable-side-release-buckle.aspx

or maybe www.strapworks.com.

Good luck.

·
Registered
3 Posts
My wife recently lost one of the buckles on her side of the bike. She went to the dealership and was very persuasive with the clerk. He found the OEM replacement! Part# K110001R, $15.95 each. :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts