Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my nomad motor was having 2nd gear and clutch issues, so instead of spending around 2k i decided to pick up a used motor. i stumbled on a 06 mean streak motor that has a muzzy big bore, thunder cams, ported head, intake and modded throttle body, cobra pipe and bak. it also had a pc3 installed. i purchased it and the pc3 after a lot of back and forth questions etc.. the pc3 ended up getting lost in the shipping crate and was never found. so i purchased the pc5 and after installing the motor drove it to the dyno shop to get tuned.

the shop has been unsuccessful in tuning the pc5 to the bike as it still pings on the top end of the rpm range, they have suggested the need to adjust the timing to eliminate this, but i have only found one company in italy that makes a system to do this. i was hoping to find someone to flash the ecu for what i need, but i havent found anyone. i tried ivan's but he doesnt do them for the 1600.
any suggestions?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did the dyno use an exhaust gas analyser?
yes, one for each cylinder. he said he couldnt make it rich enough to go away.

im hoping to get the mean streak ecu and it takes care of the issue, since it ran fine in the other bike with a tune on the pc3

·
Registered
11,756 Posts
I did not notice that you were using the Nomad ECU.
Definitely need the ECU that matches your engine.

Post back with results.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts