Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a 2006 900 classic with 2600 miles ...going to hit the road next week for a long ride up to DC followed by a group ride back down the Blue Ridge Parkway.
So far, I put on a Memphis bat-wing fairing, dorky leather bags I got free with the bike, removed the exhaust thingy and drilled four 1/2" holes per pipe, put on a highway "crash" bar, a handlebar 12volt outlet, Kuryakan grips with throttle helper, BAK intake mod, and ...then ... the scootworks front pulley! I can't wait for the road trip to test the pulley, so far I can really tell the difference! I'm not searching for another gear in town, and not fighting the vibes at 70 indicated ...GPS tells me that it'e really about 68mph. I have my Garmin GPS complete with XM weather mounted on a RAM mount. I can also plug in the earphones and listen to the radio while droning the Interstate.
Maybe I'll take some pics and share the trip with everyone later.
Oh yeah, I also installed a custom Corbin seat! Looks great, feels great ...no numb-nuts after thirty miles!

I was all set to buy a new Harley, but the dealer pissed me off by treating me like an idiot. I went straight to the Vulcan I had seen on Craig's list and laid out the cash. I figure I have about as much invested in the Kawi as I would have put in accessories on the new Harley! No payments ...lower insurance ...no tattoo needed!

·
Registered
711 Posts
If Harley was what you were looking for you should have looked for one on craigslist. Vulcans are great bikes but most that have their eyes on other brands and then end up with something else most don't seem to stick with them as long. Congrats on your new ride though.

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
No tattoos needed? DANG! Don't tell the wife! ;)

Welcome to the forums and gratz on the scoot!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Classtom: Were you able to find an extra seat mounting bracket for your second seat or do you swap it on and off when changing seats? I have a Mustang seat which is great for 2-up riding but I like the looks and riding position of the stock seat when by myself. A solo seat would be ideal for looks I must agree. And it's not that I'm uncomfortable with the Mustang seat; it actually has a better feel on my posterior than the stock one and my passenger is much happier on the Mustang. The riding position is just a tad different, that's all. When I want to change seats I have to swap the bracket. I have not been able to get a bracket from Kawasaki or an aftermarket company. I may look to move the controls a little more forward and forget about swapping out the seats. But if I could find a spare bracket......

·
Registered
441 Posts
Take a look through the pages at Cheap Cycle Parts and if you can't find it online, call em up and see if you can buy it from them. Souldn't cost too much.
cheapcycleparts.com is OK, Babbits is priced better and Kawasaki Parts Nation Or Cycle Parts Nation has the best prices on OE parts.

I should know, I have been shopping for part to fix both bikes.

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
No tattoos needed? DANG! Don't tell the wife! ;)

Welcome to the forums and gratz on the scoot!
What should i do with the stick on ones i just bought. ??

·
Registered
231 Posts
Where did I go wrong?

I own a Harley, AND I'm a sailor - but I'm tatooless...:eek:

Guess I just wanna be different from everybody else...:cool:

Welcome to the site!! The Vulcan is a WONDERFUL bike. Enjoy it!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts