Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am now a firm believer that the kick stand on my 04 V2K is to short. I recently attempted to park my bike on some uneven pavement. As I was walking away I noticed that my bike was leaning over slowly and had to jump back save it from falling over. I luckily got to it before it fell all the way over. I now would like to replace the kick stand with a kick stand from a different year with a stepper angle. I am not sure which kick stand year model I am looking for a so need some direction on which one to get. Also, would any of you gents have one that you would be willing to part with? Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Your not the only one who would like to replace the hard leaning Kick Stand on their early model V2K. I am eagerly following this thread with you.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Measure the length of a later model to see if there is a difference. If not maybe check the mount to se if it mounted at a different angle. If all fails get an extension welded on.

Cheers and Beers.

Bob

·
Registered
102 Posts
hi,yes the stand is generally regarded as too short.later models are different.on my own bike i drilled and taped 2 6mm holes in the bottom of the stand and made up a 19mm/ 3/4" plate the same size as the stand foot and attached using counter sunk screws.i took me 6 years to get around to it but should have done straight away. i used a hard plastic block but alloy would be better.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I am now a firm believer that the kick stand on my 04 V2K is to short. I recently attempted to park my bike on some uneven pavement. As I was walking away I noticed that my bike was leaning over slowly and had to jump back save it from falling over. I luckily got to it before it fell all the way over. I now would like to replace the kick stand with a kick stand from a different year with a stepper angle. I am not sure which kick stand year model I am looking for a so need some direction on which one to get. Also, would any of you gents have one that you would be willing to part with? Thanks for the help.
All who are concerned..
The kick stand is not to short, the placement on the 04 05 left down tube was to high it was relocated in 06 either buy a new or used left down tube. that is the best solution.
Bare

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Here's what I did:

Not pretty, but it works. I call it the Frankenstein boot. Its 2 pieces of 3/4" plywood glued together (total 1 1/2" thick) and shaped by using chop saw techniques that would make an OSHA guy piss his pants. Then, as is my way, rattle-can it black. It shows a little when it's up, and it drags a little before the floorboard (well, it used to before the corner got worn down).

But no longer do I lean the bike over and wonder if it's gonna stop leaning over.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts