Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 04 750vn . It doesn't have a center stand.the bike have Vance and Hines pipes and saddle bags as well as cargo box . My question is can I put a center stand on there or was it removed due to the pipes. Any help greatly appreciated

Sent from my moto e5 play using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
I don't know why a previous owner would take the centerstand off. Others have the same pipes but I don't remember reading anywhere about them being in-compatible with the centerstand. I suppose it IS possible the pipes wouldn't fit with the centerstand but I can tell you that I, personally, will choose to keep the centerstand over any aftermarket pipes any day of the week.

The centerstand is wonderful to have!

Do you actually have the centerstand available?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you No sadly. I bought the bike last year .I didn't think to look to see if it was there or not. I'm just now getting serious about finding one. Checking and changing oil alone would be so much easier with the center stand

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
E-bay has several for under $50. Just type in: Vulcan 750 center stand

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
I use the crap out of mine. As you said, at oil change time. It makes it easier to check the rear tire pressure when its on the stand, too. No more rolling it until the nozzle can be seen. Just put it on the stand and spin the wheel.

I also change my own tires and lube the drive shaft/final drive splines. The center stand is a MUST then. But to drop the rear wheel you've got to put several inches of flat board under the stand to raise it up enough for the wheel to come all the way off.

I don't know why Kawasaki didn't put one on the Vulcan S, too. It would make maintenance so much easier for those guys if they had one.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Lol .Ive been looking this morning one guy has already made an offer to me

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
I don't see why it wouldn't fit. The front portion of your exhausts are the stock pipes with the notch in it for the center stand foot peg so the thing should fit.

Check out the pics below. My pipes are stock and there's a good one showing the notch that you also have.

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'll have to look again maybe he didn't know what he was talking about with the pipes being Vance and Hines that looks alot like mine

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Look at your pics and then look at mine. The front half are stock. This means that whatever portion of the exhausts that would come near the center stand are the same. It should fit.

I've never had the occasion to remove my center stand for whatever reason so I can't speak of what all is involved nuts-n-bolts-wise but it can't be rocket science. When buying one I'd obviously shoot for the most complete looking setup you can find.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
This link will send you to a good pic of Vance and Hines pipes. They're different from your setup.

I've never really been too interested in changing exhausts. Sure, I've watched you-tube videos of different aftermarket systems and listened to the sounds. But I've always been happy with my stock pipes. And they're PAID FOR.

If I could find an exhaust that would make the bike sound like, say, a 1600 Thunderbird with Hog Slayer exhausts then I'd shell out the cash and effort to change them out. But we've got a small-block 750 and not a big-block 1600 so it sounds like a 750 should sound like.

Back to my original reply to this thread, should you decide to spend the $$ for authentic Vance and Hines I do not remember any 750 driver expressing issues with center stand interferences.

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/vance-hines-cruzers-exhaust-kawasaki-vulcan-vn700750-1986-2004

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'd have to say those are stock. The guys I bought the bike from ,deal mainly in water craft . They know engines . But probably not so much bikes and pipes. I'm happy with the bike I got a good deal . I'm going shopping on eBay thanks again for all the info

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
The end piece may even be a V & H product for all that I know. But as a "system" its not pure V & H. Go get your center stand!!

Good luck to you!

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Incidentally, should you ever want to eventually get the no-joke V & H pipes, I am told that they will work together. The black metal pieces in the pic/link that I put above, are the brackets needed to make them work together.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I have the center stand off my old one in a box in the garage. Pm me if you’re interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I have the center stand off my old one in a box in the garage. Pm me if you’re interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I just saw your response. Thank you I had all ready found one and ordered it . Should have it soon. Thank you though

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I got my center stand the other day ,33$ stand bar and bolts .just got it installed. Point of interest for spring I used a cargo strap hooked to basket ball hoop and someone holding brakes and piece of nylon rope to pull the spring . That was the tough part

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Whaaaaat????

Glad you've got it, though.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts