Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I'm new to the forum. I have a 2003 Vulcan 800 that is having starting issues. I just replaced the battery and starter solenoid and am still having the same issue. A while back, before the new battery and solenoid, I started having issues where if i turned the bike off, it would take a few attempts to start. Then more recently, it just wouldnt turn over at all. I assumed I had a dead battery and I wasnt sure of the age of mine as I bought the bike used so this week I replaced the battery and solenoid. When I turn the key on, the lights come on. When I hit the start button (kill switch set to run), the lights dim a little and the solenoid clicks. No starter motor, no engine turn over. If I hook up a jump pack, it turns over fine but as soon as the bike turns off, it will not start again. The battery tests fine so I dont think it's that. I dont want to keep replacing parts and wasting money. Any thoughts? Thanks

·
Registered
467 Posts
If you have a battery tender (or other accessory) connection to the battery, ensure that it is NOT between the main bike harness and the battery terminal... it'll burn out the negative terminal and give you the same exact symptoms you're reporting.

I did this last year and ended up having to replace the battery.

-John

1 - 3 of 3 Posts