Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

03 vulcan meanstreak plug fouling issue

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  DragonLady58 
#1 ·
I have an 03 mean streak1500 I bought a few months ago with a blown motor bought a used motor with 14k on it and it runs and rides great but after 300 miles it broke down yesterday and found out the plugs were all fouled out badly its fuel injected and only upgrade is a cobra exhaust everything else is gone stock.

See less See more
#4 ·
No powercomader just exhaust upgraded to Vance and Hines checked spark and found on each side opposite from each other spark is blue on each cylinder on one side and very dim yellow on opposite side of each cylinder so I'm guessing coils and wires are going bad since each coil is weak on each cylinder on one side ? Gona replace them and hope it fixes the issue plugs are black after replacing and only driving 18 miles home after I broke down

#5 ·
Well, if one side has a yellow spark, that is a sign of coil going weak....let me say this again to all that will listen....checking your spark, putting the plug against the head, and firing the bike puts alot of stress on your ign. system....ALWAYS use a inline spark tester....
If you look for coils, check with Dynatek....go with their plug wires, too....
While your at it, install some Iridium plugs, will run alot better with those.
Now, for the fun part....it wouldn't be a bad idea to put coasters on it, plug off/disconnect your air solenoids....at the very least.....
I'd put a Chucksters Air Cleaner on and another tuner....but thats just my 2 pecos....
Oh....check out Gadgets Vulcan Fixit Pages.....

Reactions: Tourer
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.