Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I bought my first mean streak two weeks ago for 400 bucks and put a new motor in it this week runs great but needs a clutch as it jerks forward and shuts off when going into first no big deal.my main issue is I absolutely need to find a sissy bar for it as my wife will be on it Everytime I will pretty much and it has stock seat with small passenger pad. But it's like trying to find a unicorn for that sissy bar unless I wanna pay over 300 for a used beat up one and that's only one that I've found ever so this is my last hope. Really trying to see if anyone on here has one they might be willing to part with that won't cost me a fortune as I'm very low income since pandemic lol actually should say no income now but I work alot on aid jobs to get by so if anyone has one they would sell or know of one that would fit from a different bike that would be awsome I love this bike hoping to start riding this week or next if clutch works and I find this unicorn sissy bar lol. It's an 03 mean streak 1500 and in awsome shape!!

·
Super Moderator
3,783 Posts
You did a great job. Bike looks good. Would recommend placing you request for a sissy bar in the Classified Wanted to Buy or Trade Items Section. Also note where you are located. Some members have stuff but don’t want to go through the hassle to ship.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Nice looking bike....
Before you go into first gear, with the engine running, pull your clutch in 4 or 5 times while in neutral, then pull all the way in, then try to pop her into first....if bike lurches forward some, its the plates probably sticking together some. Opening and closing your clutch while engine is warming up will allow oil to flow between your fricton and steel plates....allowing your clutch not not drag when putting into gear.
If while riding, major slipping occurs, go with new frictions and a new spring if old spring hasn't enough tension....

·
Registered
14 Posts
I like the bike! So here's the thing, I bought a meanstreak backrest because it came with the mounting brackets and I used the brackets to make a crude adapter plate to fit a nomad backrest on my Classic for my girlfriend.

So, if you can get a hold of some mounting brackets(red) we can work something out for the back rest(blue).

Ps. This is just some random picture off google, my bike doesn't have the cool green flames lol.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Before you go into first gear, with the engine running, pull your clutch in 4 or 5 times while in neutral, then pull all the way in, then try to pop her into first....if bike lurches forward some, its the plates probably sticking together some. Opening and closing your clutch while engine is warming up will allow oil to flow between your fricton and steel plates....allowing your clutch not not drag when putting into gear.
Good advice.

Air in the hydraulic clutch circuit will also cause a clutch to be too grabby. The hydraulic circuits need to be flushed/bled as part of regular maintenance.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts