Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Turn key,pump ingages lights on,filip to start,hit switch clicks under tank,not under seat at starter cylinoid so used needle players to close cylinoid,fires right up.fuses good battery 12.75.so I replaced cylinoid,nothing changed tried new battery even though mine read good.still no change to start I must jump cylinoid. Help me out here it's my first Kawasaki

·
Registered
436 Posts
The starter button or starter switch are the same thing. It's the button you hit with your right thumb. The button you push actually has two metal contacts inside that complete a circuit when you push it. They can sometimes get corroded so you have to take the switch apart, lightly sand the contacts down to get to clean bare metal. It's really not that hard, just take a look at the orientation of the little spring in there so you put it back together the same way. Good luck.

·
Registered
11,756 Posts
If you want to buy or borrow a meter, we can teach you how to use it.
Around $20 will buy a digital meter that will work fine.

I prefer to troubleshoot issues rather than hunt around for items to take apart and clean.
The danger there is possibly introducing another problem and then the real tail chasing begins.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sfair I read entire forum all 166 pages around 100.You directed Tpotts to the wire harness under clutch lever so I went out pulled it cleaned it,reconnected bike fired up.Thnx,also I'm going to go out and buy a meter on pay day after I YouTube the model I find that suits the purposes or problems I often find myself confronting.

·
Registered
11,756 Posts
Well, history can be a good teacher too. Glad it is fixed.

If you have any questions about a specific meter, post back.

·
Registered
436 Posts
How about that. Another happy ending. :good::good::good:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts