Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my 02 Vulcan 800 it is hard to find neutral and keep the green light on.
Is there any adjustment I can do so I can pop it either up or down to get it to light?...Thanks

·
BOTM Winner, April 2015
766 Posts
Does this happen while you're stopped?
Sometimes it keeps getting bypassed if the bike is still moving like when coming to a red light.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Mine was easier to find neutral, and shift overall, after switching oil to Rotella T6. Even better after a few changes now. Not sure how bad your issue is but that helped quite a bit in my case. Still, it is hard to stop in neutral on the way down from 2nd, even with a light touch I can feel it has grabbed first, and notice the light is not on. I usually stay at a stoplight in first anyway until i realize the car behind me is also going to stop. First to neutral when stopped should be very easy due to the "positive neutral finder". If that is not, I would figure there is a mechanical issue with that area of the tranny.

·
Banned
123 Posts
I just bought a used 2005 800 and it's skipping past neutral from 1st into 2nd and the I down to 1st again and try to find neutral but it skips past neutral. I wonder its the oil he was using?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts