Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2002 kawasaki vulcan 750
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey thanks for the add! I'm new to the cruiser game having to retire the crotch rocket life after some hip issues and can stay hunched over like that any more. Just bought an '02 kawasaki vulcan 750 with 3500 origional miles after doing a boatload of research on what was available in the area. She sat for about a year before I picked up her and after draining the tank and putting in fresh gas and a new battery she fired up and purred on the second crank easy. Other than cleaning the carb and changing oil, coolant etc is there anything I should keep an eye out for?

·
Super Moderator
5,707 Posts
Welcome to the forum from North Carolina. Happy you decided to join us. Here is a link to download a factory repair manual showing all needed maintenance. Also a link to an OEM parts supplier with diagrams. Have found the parts diagrams help show how things are assembled. Wanted to mention there is a forum dedicated just to 750s. Since this bike is 19 years old would replace all coolant hoses and seals, oil and filter, flush brake system, check battery age and condition, and check age of tires. Tires can be checked by looking at the 4 digit DOT number embossed on the sidewall. The first two numbers are the week and the second two are the year of manufacture. If over 5 years old would replace. Thanks again for becoming a member of the forum. Be well and Ride Safely.

·
Registered
2002 kawasaki vulcan 750
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to the forum from North Carolina. Happy you decided to join us. Here is a link to download a factory repair manual showing all needed maintenance. Also a link to an OEM parts supplier with diagrams. Have found the parts diagrams help show how things are assembled. Wanted to mention there is a forum dedicated just to 750s. Since this bike is 19 years old would replace all coolant hoses and seals, oil and filter, flush brake system, check battery age and condition, and check age of tires. Tires can be checked by looking at the 4 digit DOT number embossed on the sidewall. The first two numbers are the week and the second two are the year of manufacture. If over 5 years old would replace. Thanks again for becoming a member of the forum. Be well and Ride Safely.

Thanks really appreciate it! also just started having my first issue, when idling in neutral if I turn the wheel full lock right the bike stalls out, is there a safety switch on these that would cause that?

·
Registered
2002 kawasaki vulcan 750
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No not that I can see, ive stripped off most of the panneling and the wires dont seem to be crunching or tugging anywhere and neither does the throttle cables, ive gone through alot of the harness that I can see without pulling the tank and I dont see any frayed wires nor any obvious shorts, i do have a couple of connectors that are hanging free, will post pictures and hopefully you may know what theyre for

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.