Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! So about a month ago the did the TPS adjustment (Vulcan TPS Adjustment) and the bike ran amazing! Fast forward a couple weeks and i got a bad tank of gas which cause the bike to run like crap. Emptied the whole tank, took everything apart, cleaned everything well, put back together and added fresh gas. Now she doesnt wanna run great. Very choppy. Not nearly as smooth as she was before all this. So i set the TPS back to stock but that didnt do anything she still ran choppy. I even replaced the plugs. Any ideas on what i could try next?? Shes just not nearly as smooth when i roll on the throttle as she was before this.

·
Registered
2012 Nomad
733 Posts
Welcome to the forum
Sounds like you still may have some gunk from the bad gas.
First thing I would try is adding some Seafoam to the gas to see if that will work.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just added some to a full tank of non-ethanol 87 gas that i can buy from the station here in town, i will keep y’all posted as to how she does this week! On that note, does anybody else run 87 or should i be doing what the sticker says and be using high octane??

·
Registered
2012 Nomad
733 Posts
I would definitely use the higher octane. That is what is recommended for my 1700 Nomad and that is what I use. Some engines just don't run as well on lower octane.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts