Chilhowee Motorcycle Leather experience - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-26-2013, 02:20 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Chilhowee Motorcycle Leather experience

In October I ordered some chaps from Chilhowee Motorcycle Leather. Following the instructions given for the particular item I ordered them a size larger than I wear. When I got them they were too big. So I sent them back for a "No Hassle Exchange" as advertised accompanied by a check for $7.95 for shipping. When they sent out the original chaps they were sent to my P.O. Box at the Post office and I picked them up with no hassles. So far the customer service was great.
However, The second set of chaps was sent out UPS and required a signature upon delivery. No I couldn't just sign the notice left on my door I had to be there when they delivered. I work during the day so naturally I wasn't there. After the 3rd attempt to delivery UPS returned the chaps to Chilhowee. I of course called and notified Chilhowee what was happening and they assured me that they would send out another set of chaps asap.
After several days I hadn't received them so I called Kim Rizzo again and she informed me that oops no one had taken action yet so she would personally make sure they were sent out. Again days later no chaps. Again I called Kim. This time she informed me that she had spoken with the CEO and he dictated that I pay another $12.95 to get the chaps...WHAT?
I told Kim that there was no way I was willing to do this as it was not my screw up. I told her I wanted to know his reasoning and that I would cancel the order before I would pay more. She told me that she would talk to him again and let me know.
I received an E-mail today saying that I would receive via Paypal a $64.00 refund. Which is what I paid minus $7.95 shipping. I am ok with that part. What I have not received is a refund for the $7.95 I sent for the second set of chaps that they shipped incorrectly. I have tried several times to call them back but get no answer. Maybe they have caller ID and don't want to talk to me .?
It may seem like a small thing to some but surely it blew possibility of me buying the saddle bags I was looking at from them and really after they screwed up why should I be penalized?
So buyer beware with Chilhowee.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-26-2013, 08:07 PM
Lifetime Premium

Bike Of The Fall Winner 2017

Year/Make/Model: 2006 Vulcan 900 Classic
Displacement/CC's: 903
Color: Silver
Garage
Sounds like your having some bad luck. When you do get the chaps your suppose to wear pants with them as the very friendly officer pointed out to me......just saying

"As long as I have the voices in my head, I'll never ride alone."

2006 Vulcan 900 classic
Mustang Day Tripper seat
Cobra Light Bar
Cobra Air Scoop
Cobra short sissy bar
Cobra Lowers
Baron's front and rear pulley
Baron's Big and Nasty pipes
Leatherlyke hard bags
Blue Superbrites LED accent lights
Chrome Woo Loo Air Horn
Avon Grips
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-28-2013, 01:35 PM

Try these guys.
They're the real deal, Made in the USA and have a full lifetime guarantee.
A little more expensive, ... Mine cost me about $160 even with the discount available through their Facebook page.
But they're a high enough quality I'll still be wearing them 20+ years from now
http://www.hillsideusa.com/

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-28-2013, 02:19 PM Thread Starter

Garage
I just got an e-mail from Kim. After hearing that I was posting here and another group she has decided that she wants to work something out. I'll let you know how it goes.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-29-2013, 12:44 PM
Top Contributor

I ordered twice from Chilhowee and experienced no problems whatsoever. Quality product delivered USPS. I have missed UPS deliveries in the past. I just go to their warehouse and pick it up later in the day. If I can't make it, I will ask the missus, my brother or a friend to help me out. The folks at Chilhowee live and breath bikes, they will make it right.

2013 Triumph Rocket 3 Roadster
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-14-2014, 08:46 AM
Living The Dream

Garage
Chaps installed!

I also have ordered a few things from them. The products are always of high quality. I love the engine guard chaps especially. Thick, soft and supple! Almost hate to splatter them with bugs! LOL

I also contacted them about getting some custom leather lever covers, since I have after market levers on my ride. They emailed me the exact way to take measurements, and for $13 a set its a great price too. Now just need to follow up with dimensions and order.

It sounds like they are willing to help you. If I were you I would start over and give them a chance. Good Luck!

Got my chaps on, don't mind the bugs on everything else. I have yet to preshure wash it. Waiting for warmer temps. LOL
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WP_20140314_13_28_04_Pro.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	93.9 KB
ID:	61209  

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Loving My Mid-Life Crisis!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2008 Vulcan 900 Classic LT
1991 Harley Electra Glide Classic FLHTC

Last edited by DeputyLoud; 03-17-2014 at 10:01 AM. Reason: Update with pics...
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-14-2014, 09:31 AM Thread Starter

Garage
I meant to follow up here and forgot. The screw up was actually on the distributor. Chilhowee is the retailer and doesn't control how things are shipped. The person in charge of this sort of thing at Chilhowee was on vacation at the time my order got messed up and the owner just didn't either know how to respond well or didn't care. Either way the manager in charge straightened it out and I am completely happy with my chaps. Great quality and the price was awesome. Even after the hassles I initially had I would order more products from them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode