Anyone using the Saddlemen TS1620s Tail Bag? - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-25-2013, 07:22 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Anyone using the Saddlemen TS1620s Tail Bag?

I'm looking for a practical tail bag that I can throw my laptop I'm when headed to work but also to use it outside of work. Wondering if anyone has ordered one yet and how it's been. Here it is:

I think it would be a good fit on the 1700 classic especially since I have a Nomad oem backrest on it so the angle and structure of this bag would tuck in nicely between the handle.

Thanks.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

2012 Vulcan Classic

List of Mods
  • Kuryakyn Premium Rear Floor Boards w/2" Offset Adapter
  • Thunder MFG MalteseCross Teardrop AirKit
  • National Cycle Fender Tips
  • Cobra Scalloped SlipOns
  • Nomad Full Backrest
  • OEM Windshield
  • OEM Light Bar
  • K&N Filter
  • PCV
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-25-2013, 07:34 PM
Top Contributor

Year/Make/Model: 2014 Kawasaki Vulcan Vaquero ABS SE
Displacement/CC's: 1700
Color: Orange SE
Garage
Tail bags are great. I used to have a saddleman bag but I sold it when I added a top case (Harley King TourPak) to my bike; much more convenient to just throw my briefcase or leather laptop bag in there. The saddleman bag was nice though because it also had a shoulder strap, so I could just throw it over my shoulder and carry it wherever.

Just make SURE it's waterproof! Would really stink to get caught in a surprise shower and ruin a laptop! Sounds like that one comes with a rain cover. Same as the one I had (that might even be the same one, not sure). Never did test it out in the rain though! Only had it a short time before I decided to go the tour pak route.

That might be an option for you too, by the way; albeit a bigger investment. A top case big enough for a laptop sure is nice! Though you'd probably want hard bags as well, at least I think a top case with soft bags or no bags looks goofy!

"8 But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us."

Romans 5:8 (NIV)

2014 Kawasaki Vulcan 1700 Vaquero ABS SE
iPod Connector Kit, Kuryakyn Highway Pegs, Mustang Touring Seat, Marvella's Hitch, Kuryakyn Trailer Wiring Kit, Haul-Master Tag-a-Long Cargo Trailer

2011 Honda Shadow Aero 750 (Wife's)

Memphis shades quick-release windshield, OEM Solo Seat, Mustang Fender Bib, Chrome Solo Luggage Rack

Past: 2006 Vulcan 900 Classic LT
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-25-2013, 08:16 PM Thread Starter

Garage
I agree with the top case also.
And,I am shopping for some hardcases, just haven't made my mind up yet.

This seems to be a nice case for 100bucks to secure the laptop for now...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode