Mutazu Luggage - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-25-2013, 03:08 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Question Mutazu Luggage

Hi, it turns out these guys have all of these really nice looking bags. Inexpensive is the word here. I wonder how many of you might have tried these out. Any comments? Also so another brand TMS? They sell a very nearly identical set of bags for half the price. I saw these on amazon. The reviews were not encouraging. Any roads I saw at least one member who has these and I pmed him. Hoping there might be some other folks with feed back.

Thanks for your comments or help

Michael aka KV
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-25-2013, 06:55 AM

I have a set of the HL bags. They were $ 340 delivered with brackets
Have had them a couple months. I load em up with rain gear sweatshirt backpack with computer etc. no big problems. Had to replace weatherstrip with new foam to keep dry
Hinges adjusted they are plastic going to replace them. Latches adjusted to ensure tight seal. Added fender washers when I mounted. Small improvements made but for the price i can deal with that. They are not Corbin bags but look good and are functional. Overall very pleased.
post #3 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-25-2013, 10:22 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 27vulcan View Post
I have a set of the HL bags. They were $ 340 delivered with brackets
Have had them a couple months. I load em up with rain gear sweatshirt backpack with computer etc. no big problems. Had to replace weatherstrip with new foam to keep dry
Hinges adjusted they are plastic going to replace them. Latches adjusted to ensure tight seal. Added fender washers when I mounted. Small improvements made but for the price i can deal with that. They are not Corbin bags but look good and are functional. Overall very pleased.
Cool, thanks!

post #4 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-25-2013, 10:27 AM

The cost of the TMS would scare me off!! Under 50 bucks! I have the Mutazu MUs and have been happy with them. I would like to see the TMS installed on a bike. Just not MY bike!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	009 (640x480).jpg
Views:	158
Size:	77.2 KB
ID:	35593  
post #5 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-25-2013, 10:38 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by tang56 View Post
The cost of the TMS would scare me off!! Under 50 bucks! I have the Mutazu MUs and have been happy with them. I would like to see the TMS installed on a bike. Just not MY bike!!
The MU's look great on your bike!

Funny think is the TMS ones look exactly like the LN's
post #6 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-25-2013, 07:02 PM

Might be worth a try. You won't be out much bank!! Keep us posted!! AND without a picture,.... it didn't happen!!
post #7 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-25-2013, 07:28 PM
Top Contributor

Year/Make/Model: 2014 Kawasaki Vulcan Vaquero ABS SE
Displacement/CC's: 1700
Color: Orange SE
Garage
The Mutazu bags are decent. They flex, come cheaply painted (doesn't matter if you're getting them painted anyway), the paint isn't bad but it's got a bit of an orange peel to it and isn't near the quality of paint your bike has. Cheap plastic chrome trim, and the mounting hardware is 'basic'. BUT; for the cost, they are pretty good. Better than any other cheap bags I've seen, they look good, and hold a lot of gear! I've had mine loaded up with luggage strapped on top.

$1500+ Corbin bags are nice. Solid, seem like something that would be OEM in quality! But they are $1500! For a couple hundred bucks you can get Mutazu bags that do a pretty good job. I'd buy them again. As for the other brands? I've yet to see another 'cheap' brand I've liked enough to put it on my bike. I've seen the $50-$100 hard bags on other bikes. Nearly all of them were broken after a short period of use. VERY flimsy, easily cracked, etc. The Mutazu bags are at least better than that!

One thing you can do is line the inside of cheap bags with bondo or another body filler to strengthen them up. I've used the bondo 'kits' before with the resin and strips. On my first car, an old beater I had in high school. Had a couple holes in it. That stuff was hard as a rock when it dried! Had to smooth it out with an angle grinder.

Also; sometimes you'll see re-branded Mutazu bags elsewhere for a little bit more. Sometimes you'll see them cheaper than from Mutazu too, are they cheap chinese knockoffs of a cheap chinese knockoff? Who knows. Or maybe they are the real deal and we all wasted money? LOL

Let us know! For $50 it's worth a try right?

-John

"8 But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us."

Romans 5:8 (NIV)

2014 Kawasaki Vulcan 1700 Vaquero ABS SE
iPod Connector Kit, Kuryakyn Highway Pegs, Mustang Touring Seat, Marvella's Hitch, Kuryakyn Trailer Wiring Kit, Haul-Master Tag-a-Long Cargo Trailer

2011 Honda Shadow Aero 750 (Wife's)

Memphis shades quick-release windshield, OEM Solo Seat, Mustang Fender Bib, Chrome Solo Luggage Rack

Past: 2006 Vulcan 900 Classic LT
post #8 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-25-2013, 09:25 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Exclamation

To quote Oddball from Kelly's Heroes, "Hey man with so many positive waves we can't loose!" Any way I will order them tomorrow. I have semi rigid bags now. I can probably keep those frames and practically just drill the bags and bolt them in. I can see about reinforcing them if it becomes an issue later.
They have a universal Batwing shield too. But I have a police style shield now. First things first.
post #9 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-26-2013, 06:21 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Talking

I ordered the L & bags from hopefully I will see the L N bags by the end of the week YouTube zoo . Aka Mutazu..
post #10 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-26-2013, 06:38 PM
Top Contributor

Year/Make/Model: 2013 Vulcan Nomad
Displacement/CC's: 1700
Color: Blue/White
Quote:
Originally Posted by kilted vampire View Post
Hi, it turns out these guys have all of these really nice looking bags. Inexpensive is the word here. I wonder how many of you might have tried these out. Any comments? Also so another brand TMS? They sell a very nearly identical set of bags for half the price. I saw these on amazon. The reviews were not encouraging. Any roads I saw at least one member who has these and I pmed him. Hoping there might be some other folks with feed back.

Thanks for your comments or help

Michael aka KV
Mike,

I have a set of RS bags (OEM mounts) and a trunk (mounted on a Wompus rack). I just returned (today) from a 3200 mile trip from Texas to Idaho and back. I had no issues with the luggage. They are plastic so do not expect a rock solid feel. However, this can be a benefit. I am perfectly happy with my purchase.

Kendawg

KenDawg
1SG, USA (Retired)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode