what to pack?? - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-16-2013, 11:26 AM Thread Starter

what to pack??

The wife and I are planning a 10 day trip to Montanna this summer on the 1500. Just wondering as far as clothes/gear goes what is on "your list" for a 10 day trip?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-16-2013, 11:49 AM
Top Contributor

will you be staying in hotel or camping either way toilet paper is first on my list my son and i just camp in BLM land,we shower at truck stops, wash clothes,eat, watch tv in the drivers lounge

dont forget basic tools, duct tape

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-16-2013, 11:58 AM

Garage
Underwear and socks and extra pair of pants buy t-shirts on your trip rain gear bottled water and snacks tp and wet wipes extra gloves

95 VN1500A
93 VN 1500A

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-16-2013, 12:08 PM
Top Contributor

Year/Make/Model: 2014 Kawasaki Vulcan Vaquero ABS SE
Displacement/CC's: 1700
Color: Orange SE
Garage
Bring lots of water, you can refill the bottles when you stop. It's easy to get dehydrated riding long distances in the summer. On a hot day try to drink a bottle of water every hour.

Also, pack some light long sleeve shirts, jeans, lightweight gloves, bandanas, etc. Or riding gear. You want your skin covered on the ride, unless you wanna get there looking like a lobster! Also, believe it or not on a hot day you'll actually be cooler in long sleeves/gloves/etc. On a bike, the wind dries your sweat too quickly for it to cool you. Covering your skin prevents that and allows your body to effectively cool itself. (Of course it still needs to be breathable)

Going to montana, make sure you have some rain gear, warm clothes/chaps, that sort of thing. Ya never know, the weather can turn!

A Passport wouldn't hurt either if you decided to venture a little north!

"8 But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us."

Romans 5:8 (NIV)

2014 Kawasaki Vulcan 1700 Vaquero ABS SE
iPod Connector Kit, Kuryakyn Highway Pegs, Mustang Touring Seat, Marvella's Hitch, Kuryakyn Trailer Wiring Kit, Haul-Master Tag-a-Long Cargo Trailer

2011 Honda Shadow Aero 750 (Wife's)

Memphis shades quick-release windshield, OEM Solo Seat, Mustang Fender Bib, Chrome Solo Luggage Rack

Past: 2006 Vulcan 900 Classic LT
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-16-2013, 08:53 PM Thread Starter

Nights in motels..

Last edited by iamaxxer; 03-16-2013 at 08:58 PM.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-16-2013, 10:28 PM
zig
Lifetime Premium

Garage
Plus 1 on long sleeve shirts, and sunscreen and chapstick. The water thing is spot on also. You could buy a couple of water bottles that have the filter in them. Then you can refill at most any faucet if bottled water isn't available. Sounds like a great trip!
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-17-2013, 08:32 AM

Since you are staying in motels you don't need to carry as much clothing. 2 days each would do for me. You can find a laundromat every couple of days. After all you'll be in Montana not the Yucatan!

Rain gear, cool weather gear, bug spray, sunscreen, wet wipes, a couple of emergency blankets in case you break down in the middle of nowhere, a lighter or matches to start a fire with. I like to carry a couple of dehydrated meals and a camping cook kit, the all in one kind. Nothing like a hot meal if you are stuck miles from anywhere. Plenty of water is a must.

Don't forget at least a small first aid kit. Tylenol, band aids, antacids, antidiarhea pills. Small discomforts can become overwhelming when you have to find a drug store! I carry one with me every day I work as a truck driver. And I use it with regularity!

Don't forget a camera!

And have fun!

2012 Nomad 1700
Cobra Luggage Rack
Airlite Crash Bar Chaps
Kuryakyn Offset Highway Pegs
Vulcan Emblem on Passenger Back Rest
Fire and Steel Light Bar
Signal Dynamics Headlight Modulator
Wolo Bad Boy Horn
Kuryakyn Power Point
Back Off XP Brake Light Modulator

08 900 Custom - Traded in!
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-17-2013, 12:56 PM

On a 1 week trip, I take enough clothes for 3 days cause you wash when you check in on 4th day.take some neosporin, band-aids, fuses,MEDICINE(if you need it)extra keys for the bike,gatorade(on hot days it hepls alot but watch it if you have diabetes cause it raises the suger level.If youre running low on sugar take fruit bars.Then go have a good time.In summer take a quart of premix antifreeze and oil
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-22-2013, 07:24 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for the replys...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode