Need help on cold weather gear - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-05-2012, 06:53 PM Thread Starter

Need help on cold weather gear

I know I'm a few months away from needing cold weather gear here in Texas, but I wanted to get a head start on finding the best gear. Just looking for gloves and jacket...I have a full face Shoei X11 helmet, so my head stays warm, just need some suggestions. Thanks, ride safe!

2009 Vulcan Custom SE
As of 2-1-12, black 2011 Vaquero (black is faster)
iPod adapter kit
Kuryakyn highway pegs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-05-2012, 08:41 PM

If you are planning to do much cold-weather riding heated gear is the way to go. Gerbring, Tourmaster and Firstgear are examples. I have a firstgear jacket liner and gloves, they have made rides into the high 20's possible for me.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-10-2012, 05:34 AM

I've been thinking snowmobile gear. It doesn't get really cold in Florida but I've been here long enough to want a jacket if I'm riding and it gets down to 70 degrees! It does get down to the upper 20s at night for a few weeks. I've done the leather winter gauntlets and they just weren't enough. I had a pair of ski gloves in my closet and tried those last winter. They were much warmer. So I'm buying snowmobile gloves and probably a suit too!

I've really gotten wimpy in my old age. I remember riding with just a thin pair of gloves and a leather jacket and jeans when I was in my early 20s. I'd get where I was going and it would take me an hour to thaw out. Maybe I'm just getting smarter! Ya, that's it! I'm going with the smarter thing!

2012 Nomad 1700
Cobra Luggage Rack
Airlite Crash Bar Chaps
Kuryakyn Offset Highway Pegs
Vulcan Emblem on Passenger Back Rest
Fire and Steel Light Bar
Signal Dynamics Headlight Modulator
Wolo Bad Boy Horn
Kuryakyn Power Point
Back Off XP Brake Light Modulator

08 900 Custom - Traded in!

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-10-2012, 07:04 AM
Top Contributor

Electric heated gear, layers and protection from the wind (windshield, lowers, etc) are your best friends for cold weather (from a biker up in the great white north)

2006 V2K Classic LT Black/Chrome
Lots of chrome goodies, sagebrush engine guard chaps for cold days in Manitoba, Rumble Road speakers, Garmin gps, tank bib, modified seat, Ohlins rear shock - best investment ever!!, locking saddlebags, Kuryakyn luggage, brake-away cruise control, and more stuff every year.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode