Looking Good - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By TrapperAH1G
  • 1 Post By andyvh1959

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-16-2018, 08:44 AM Thread Starter
END OF YEAR BIKE 2018 Winner

Year/Make/Model: 2006 Classic LT (Buffy)
Displacement/CC's: 903
Color: Blue/Silver/Chrome
Garage
Looking Good

There is a new Motorcycle clothing trend that's out there and I was wondering how the community feels about it.

This is a good article concerning the trend:

Motorcycle.com's Motorcycle Riding Jeans Buyer's Guide

The reason for the trend IMHO is so that you don't look like a biker when you aren't actually on your bike. Not a bad idea when you think about it, however, I like looking like a biker...even when I'm not in the saddle.

I personally find that when I am wearing my leather and I enter an establishment I get the 'looks'. They are not bad looks at all. In fact I find that I get a lot of positive contacts/conversations when obviously recognized as a biker. In fact, I regularly have women flirt with me when dressed in my riding apparel. Some of them are over the top obvious. So, for me it is not a negative when dressed in riding apparel.

I do however, understand if I am going to work, picnic or non-biker event I don't always necessarily want to look like I'm riding.

On the other hand, I don't want to look dorky in a pair of jeans that look like maybe I dropped a load in my pants or I have medical attachments. (No offense intended to anyone that has such devices)

The pics in the article obviously are taken to make them look good. This pic is a good example:

Just wondering how the community felt about this new trend.

...On a Steel Horse I ride...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-17-2018, 02:29 AM

Year/Make/Model: 1997 Vulcan Classic & 2001 Nomad
Displacement/CC's: 1500
Color: Red, Red & Canyon Silver
For me, ATGATT. Yes, I get some looks...good and bad. But my gear is clean (depends on how far I've ridden I guess), no obnoxious or obscene patches and I don't look or smell like I haven't forgone basic hygiene and grooming for the last decade. I do not wear the gear to impress anyone (tho to be honest I do look really great), but to keep away from medical people with their scissors that will cut away my precious gear, their sharp needles and knives and their damn prying eyes and hands!

I could never look as good as this pic in jeans....I got no butt.

Most times I remove my gear when I stop and store it in my locking bags. Keeps the citizens calmer.
glhadiator likes this.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-12-2018, 08:10 PM

Year/Make/Model: 2003 Vulcan VN1600 Classic
Displacement/CC's: 1600
Color: Pearl Ivory
Interesting, but a non issue to me. If I look like a biker, like a motorcycle rider, then that is obviously what i mean to look like. Relative to work; I used to work in an office and I simply changed into office clothes/shoes when I got to work, but mostly my riding gear covered what I was wearing for the office. If I looked like a motorcycle rider as I walked into work, well too damn bad. On my motorcycle I dress for the ride 1st, for me 2nd, for others i really don't care.

Given all that, my usual riding gear is an adventure/parka style motorcycle jacket, cycle boots (European style), full face helmet, gloves, riding pants some days.
glhadiator likes this.

When life throws you a curve, lean into it!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode