figuring out bluetooth - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-29-2018, 01:09 AM Thread Starter

Year/Make/Model: 2017 vulcan 900 custom
Displacement/CC's: 900
Color: black
figuring out bluetooth

i have an hjc cl max-2 helmet. i have looked everywhere i know to look, for the information i need, but no luck. maybe one of you might know?
i need to know what i need to get so music on on my phone can come into my helmet with no wires in between. i have a samsung s7 with lots of cool jams. it would be nice for the long traffic jam home from work, to hear some good rock. i don't want/need phone calls. just tunes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-29-2018, 06:11 AM

Year/Make/Model: 2009 Kawasaki 900 Custom
Color: Burnt Orange
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheezyridr View Post
i have an hjc cl max-2 helmet. i have looked everywhere i know to look, for the information i need, but no luck. maybe one of you might know?
i need to know what i need to get so music on on my phone can come into my helmet with no wires in between. i have a samsung s7 with lots of cool jams. it would be nice for the long traffic jam home from work, to hear some good rock. i don't want/need phone calls. just tunes.
I was looking at the exact same helmet as I currently have the HJC CL-17 which is DOT & SNELL approved. The CL-Max II is not SNELL approved.

On HJC site: Ready for Bluetooth Communication (Bluetooth unit sold separately). I thought it came with it also (wow what a great deal).

The ChatterBox XBi2-H Plus is designed to fit in the recessed cavity of the HJC IS-Max BT, CL-Max II and Sy-Max III helmets. $109-$120 on Amazon, but the reviews aren't that great.

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting
"WHAT A RIDE!"

Last edited by Ricksza; 04-29-2018 at 06:15 AM.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-29-2018, 08:40 AM
END OF YEAR BIKE 2018 Winner

Year/Make/Model: 2006 Classic LT (Buffy)
Displacement/CC's: 903
Color: Blue/Silver/Chrome
Garage
I know that you said that you aren't interested in anything except music in your helmet.

I have a S9 handset. I pair this up with the Sena 20s installed in the HJC CLII Max modular helmet.

This provides far more than music. I did a lot of research before I settled on which wireless system to purchase. After an exhaustive research I realized a couple of things; The reviews for many of the music only systems weren't that good. The price for many of the music only systems made me consider looking at other more complete systems for the helmet.

I spoke with other riders, some from the forum, and they convinced me that I would later want some other functions. If I did and invested in them I would actually end up spending more than if I would have just bought a complete system to begin with.

Again. I realize you aren't looking for a complete system. But, so was I to start with.

If you decide to look at the Sena system let me know. I enjoy Nav, music, communication, text (voice), phone calls and internet with full voice commands. I am able to sync with other communication devices even if they aren't Sena. Which means if I meet up with a group ride and they have some other system it's not a problem for me to sync up with them.

My point is this: Be sure before you invest your money.

...On a Steel Horse I ride...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-29-2018, 02:30 PM Thread Starter

Year/Make/Model: 2017 vulcan 900 custom
Color: black
Quote:
Originally Posted by glhadiator View Post
I know tha...
hmmm, a good point, really. i could see having the ability to use google maps being useful. and there may be other functions, too. but no calls or text while riding, i'll turn those off at the phone. the last thing i want is for people to be able to contact me while i'm out riding, or interupt the music. i don't expect to use it much, when i'm valley cruisin, i want to hear the bike, and whatever noises might be around me. but for the ride home from the next assignment i just got, i know i will be sitting in a traffic jam for about half an album side. road construction. it looks like nothing at all is happening, and then one day it's done. i've long suspected elves. or possibly oompa loompas.
without traffic, like in the morning, it's a 15 minute ride. so once i clear the traffic jam, i'm only 1 light from my neighborhood. it still beats the 70 mile commute i did for the last 6 months. good riding weather is right around the corner, and i'm psyched to be back on 2 wheels.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-29-2018, 02:56 PM
END OF YEAR BIKE 2018 Winner

Year/Make/Model: 2006 Classic LT (Buffy)
Displacement/CC's: 903
Color: Blue/Silver/Chrome
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheezyridr View Post
... i'm psyched to be back on 2 wheels.
AMEN! Brother!

...On a Steel Horse I ride...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-29-2018, 09:19 AM

Year/Make/Model: 2003 Vulcan VN1600 Classic
Displacement/CC's: 1600
Color: Pearl Ivory
I understand the music and rider/passenger side of Bluetooth for riding. I have used comm systems for years with my passenger. GPS prompts into my helmet speaker for unfamiliar routes would be good so I can remain focused on the ride. And focused on the ride is why I will never access or use my cell phone while riding. My riding is my sanctuary, and no cell phone is ever going to ruin that.

When I stop I check my phone for messages. Not while I am riding.

When life throws you a curve, lean into it!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode