1Likes
  • 1 Post By texasnurse

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-10-2018, 12:41 AM Thread Starter

Year/Make/Model: 1997 Vulcan Classic & 2001 Nomad
Displacement/CC's: 1500
Color: Red, Red & Canyon Silver
Thumbs down Won't be using Leather Up again

Bought a Hawk modular helmet in September 2017 from Leather Up. Paypal said I sent money to Nanal, Inc. Outer visor rubs on both sides, severe scratches. About a month ago the entire lining on the right side came loose from the outer shell. This padding has the chin strap attached. I contacted customer service and asked what I need to do, who I needed to contact, to resolve this problem. No answer at all. Contacted them again and was told "We are sorry to hear about the issue you are experiencing this item no longer has warranty unfortunately we cannot provide any assistance." They "can't" help and won't give me info on Nanal, Inc.

I've purchase several items from them in the past and am even a member of the VIP program. I've recommended them to several friends/acquaintances.....now I'm going back to each of them and letting them know about this.

I could live with the visor problem, but the padding coming loose? Nah, to me that means the protection of the helmet is compromised.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-10-2018, 02:02 AM

Year/Make/Model: 2002 Red Meanie with huge bags!
Displacement/CC's: 1500
Color: Red
Garage
I have an HJC modular helmet I bought on the 'we lost the box' or maybe 'someone returned it' sale from a local cycle dealer that is quite good and I didn't pay over $100 for it. Webbikeworld.com has a number of good helmet reviews. A quality helmet makes a huge difference when riding. I once bought a modular helmet that was so poorly made you could open the front without pushing the button, passed DOT though, lol.

"Diplomacy is the art of saying "Nice Doggie" until you can find a rock!" Will Rogers
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-10-2018, 04:44 AM

Year/Make/Model: 2009 Kawasaki 900 Custom
Displacement/CC's: 900
Color: Burnt Orange
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by rolavine View Post
I have an HJC modular helmet I bought on the 'we lost the box' or maybe 'someone returned it' sale from a local cycle dealer that is quite good and I didn't pay over $100 for it. Webbikeworld.com has a number of good helmet reviews. A quality helmet makes a huge difference when riding. I once bought a modular helmet that was so poorly made you could open the front without pushing the button, passed DOT though, lol.
My HJC full-face has a SNELL certification.

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting
"WHAT A RIDE!"

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-10-2018, 08:56 AM
Top Contributor

Year/Make/Model: (SOLD) Kawasaki Vulcan S [Harley-Davidson FLXTRS Road Glide Special]
Displacement/CC's: 107 (1746cc)
Color: Bonneville Salt Pearl
Hawk is a POS Helmet

Saddle up and feel the wind in your Helmet! ATGATT
rolavine likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode