Tour Master Air Intake 2.0 - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-28-2012, 09:15 AM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium

Year/Make/Model: Vulcan 900 Custom
Tour Master Air Intake 2.0

Hey all. I've had this jacket for about a year and a half, and just wanted to give my quick 2 cents on it.

Awesome hot-weather jacket. Riding in Phoenix when it is well over 100 degrees, this jacket protects you from the sun and allows air to circulate around you. It may feel like a convection oven, but you are not going to be miserable. Wear only the mesh shell and a white t-shirt while you ride, and you are set for easy riding.

This jacket handles rain really well too. Zip/snap in the rain liner and you're good to go. There is a velcro flap that overlaps the zipper as well, to help keep water from intruding through the front. Elastic band in the waist helps to keep a tight seal around you so no water sneaks in.

The quilted liner does a good job of insulating you and keeping your body heat inside the jacket. Combine all three and you have a pretty decent cool-cold weather jacket. The quilted liner insulates and the rain liner will trap the heat in.

This jacket handles speed really well too. There is a velcro cover for the zipper when it's closed. That way it's not flapping around all the time. There are snaps at the biceps and forearms to keep the sleeves locked down. The wrist closures are velcro (I would have preferred snaps, but oh well). The side is adjustable using velcro strips as well. Again, I'd like all those fittings to use snaps, as I am afraid that velcro will wear out over time. Even when I've been nearing 100mph, the jacket is nicely secured on me, with no flapping extra material.

I haven't crash tested this jacket, but I feel very well protected with the armor in the elbows and the shoulders. The back protector is nice, but still only foam. I'd like to get a hard shell insert for that, but that's my only gripe with the jacket.

Tour Master just came out with a 3.0 version, so if you can find the 2.0 on sale, I'd say jump on it. Even if you can't find a 2.0, from early reviews, the 3.0 looks pretty similar and that the only changes they've made have been improvements.

I hope seeing this helps someone make a decision on jackets. This was the first jacket I purchased, and it has worked out great for me. Hopefully it, or the 3.0, wil work as well for others.

2007 Vulcan 900 Custom
-Bubs Jug Huggers exhaust
-Power Commander III
-Baron BAK
-Kuryakyn grips and pegs
-Fire and Steel Light Bar
-Low and Mean fender and radiator shroud
-Custom Speedometer
-Memphis Shades Batwing (9"visor w/s, lowers)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-28-2012, 09:47 AM
Top Contributor

Garage
I got one of these in April and have ridden close to 3000 miles in it since then. I made sure to get a 2 instead of a 3 because I liked the look better. I like the jacket so much that I've been watching for super blowouts in case I decide to buy a spare.

I also bought the Intake gloves at the same time and love those, too. After just a couple of weeks of riding with them they had formed nicely to my hands. My only complaint with them was the wrist velcro closure. Even at its tightest, I can slide the gloves on and off without loosening the velcro. Other than that I really like them.

I rode 200 miles in a torrential downpour one day before calling it quits and everything under the jacket (and rain liner, and cold weather liner) was dry. The rest of me was soaked but my trunk and arms were dry.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-28-2012, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mchilese View Post
Hey all. I've had this jacket for about a year and a half, and just wanted to give my quick 2 cents on it.

Awesome hot-weather jacket. Riding in Phoenix when it is well over 100 degrees, this jacket protects you from the sun and allows air to circulate around you. It may feel like a convection oven, but you are not going to be miserable. Wear only the mesh shell and a white t-shirt while you ride, and you are set for easy riding.
I've always kinda wondered if folks in really hot areas wear any of the Dri-fit/Dri Wear type undergarments. I have a couple that I wear when it gets REALLY hot here (90-95 degrees, haha) under my unventilated leather jacket and it feels like AC. Just wondering how it would work there?

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-28-2012, 11:53 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium

Year/Make/Model: Vulcan 900 Custom
i've never even heard of those. Unfortunately I don't live in Phx anymore. Unlce Sam saw fit to relocate me to Seattle. So my riding conditions are entirely different. If/when I get back down South, I'd be willing to try that out and let you know how it works, though.

2007 Vulcan 900 Custom
-Bubs Jug Huggers exhaust
-Power Commander III
-Baron BAK
-Kuryakyn grips and pegs
-Fire and Steel Light Bar
-Low and Mean fender and radiator shroud
-Custom Speedometer
-Memphis Shades Batwing (9"visor w/s, lowers)
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-29-2012, 12:15 AM

I might be messing up the name, most sports wear companies (Reebok, Nike, Addidas, etc) make some variation. I HAVE also seen some MC specific garments (Heat Out, sold through Cyclegear) that probably do the same thing. I guess where you are now you'd probably be better off with polypropolene and gortex though, haha.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-30-2012, 06:21 PM

Garage
i have this jacket , yes its nice comfortable and good for hot weather i have been using it for 3 years now , no signs of wear , i washed it many times .

-2011 nomad
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-30-2012, 07:35 PM
Top Contributor

Had the 2.0 for about a year and when I found the 3.0 I jumped on it too. Great jackets and worth ever penny. Tourmaster overpants go well with either too!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode