Sweet leather jacket with armor - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-10-2012, 03:40 PM Thread Starter

Sweet leather jacket with armor

I just got one of these Xelement "Excutioner" leather jacket with level 3 armor. I paid $129 and free shipping at leather up. It has shoulder pads, back pads, elbow pads and 4 ventilation zippers in the front and 2 vintilation zippers in the back. It also has a removable full sleeve liner for cold days. It was about 80 degrees this morning on my way to work and the vents worked great.
-Art
http://www.leatherup.com/p/Mens-Moto...ket/94622.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-10-2012, 11:21 PM

Looks like a nice jacket and I happen to be in the market for one. Now I will just have to wait for the finances to settle down a bit and hope its still on sale.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-11-2012, 05:02 AM
BOTM Winner, March 2013

Garage
Yeah, leather up got good prices. I bought my leather jacket from them too. The Only thing I didn't like that they said it has plastic based armor but it came with reg foam. Oh well.

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-11-2012, 09:27 AM Thread Starter

Several of the jackets are sold out in size large. I guess large is a popular size
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-11-2012, 12:23 PM
Megatron

BEWARE! If you ever have to return something to Leather Up its a long drawn out process. My girlfriend bought a rainsuit from them and first time she needed them the pants leaked. Its been over 10 weeks since the process began and she's STILL waiting for a replacement or refund!
That said, I bought a nice leather riding jacket a couple years back from them that was a good deal.

2008 Vulcan Classic 1500FI
Memphis Shades Windshield
Phat II Risers
Kuryakyn ISO Grips w/Throttle Boss
Kuryakyn Highway Pegs
Ultimate Driver's Seat w/Backrest
Painted side covers to match rest of bike
Luggage rack in place of passenger seat.
Viking Saddlebags
Wide Whitewalls
Laydown License Plate Bracket
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-11-2012, 12:38 PM
BOTM Winner, March 2013

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian518 View Post
BEWARE! If you ever have to return something to Leather Up its a long drawn out process. My girlfriend bought a rainsuit from them and first time she needed them the pants leaked. Its been over 10 weeks since the process began and she's STILL waiting for a replacement or refund!
That said, I bought a nice leather riding jacket a couple years back from them that was a good deal.
Maybe she just got bad luck. I had to return and exchange for different one my leather jacket because it was too big. I got it back in week and half maybe max 2 weeks (my shipping time to them, processing and shipping back to me). I live in GA and they located in CA
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-11-2012, 12:50 PM
Megatron

We're in NY State and its been a ridiculous process. Had to email this and that, had to get a case number, had to get a shipping label, had to supply receipts, had to ship the bad pants back and on and on and ........ well you get the picture. Good thing we're in a drought here.
I swear by Dennis Kirk, they're shipping is great, you order something and you get ......YESTERDAY! :-)
The one time I had to return something to them I sent the return item and the next day got the replacement, they crossed in the mail. You cannot beat Dennis Kirk!

2008 Vulcan Classic 1500FI
Memphis Shades Windshield
Phat II Risers
Kuryakyn ISO Grips w/Throttle Boss
Kuryakyn Highway Pegs
Ultimate Driver's Seat w/Backrest
Painted side covers to match rest of bike
Luggage rack in place of passenger seat.
Viking Saddlebags
Wide Whitewalls
Laydown License Plate Bracket
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-11-2012, 01:35 PM
Top Contributor

I have an awesome black leather jacket with removable armour, from Joe Rocket. I bought it a few years ago. The price at that time was $500, and I got it for $360 no tax at a bike show in Toronto. It is basically this same jacket, but a few years ago. Not much different:

http://www.joerocket.ca/en/catalog/i...6-5869e3d112e6

Unfortunately the stitching on the side pocket zippers ripped within a few weeks, so it is basically like having your side pockets open all the time. I couldn't return it since it was a "show special".

No regrets at all though. It has armour, amazing ventilation (when you want it) and is extremely comfortable.

I have tried not to skimp over the years on helmets, jackets, boots, or gloves as they may save my life one day. (Or reduce some serious road rash).

Not sure what type of quality or protection this one from leather up has.

Matt
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-11-2012, 01:52 PM Thread Starter

I ordered a size large and I am 5'9" 170 lbs. It's a perfect fit for me. Perfect length in the arms and built in flex points in the shoulders and elbows. If you want it a little baggy to wear layers underneath then order 1 size up. I dont think i will need much layering as it has a full sleeve zip out lining for cold weather. This jacket seems to built very well, very thick leather I don't think that I "skimped" at all on this purchase. I just got a really good deal.
-Art
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-11-2012, 03:21 PM
Top Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art B. View Post
I ordered a size large and I am 5'9" 170 lbs. It's a perfect fit for me. Perfect length in the arms and built in flex points in the shoulders and elbows. If you want it a little baggy to wear layers underneath then order 1 size up. I dont think i will need much layering as it has a full sleeve zip out lining for cold weather. This jacket seems to built very well, very thick leather I don't think that I "skimped" at all on this purchase. I just got a really good deal.
-Art
Hi Art.

I didn't mean to imply anyone with a less expensive jacket has skimped. I just meant that I bought the one I got because it seemed like it offered good protection.

I probably paid too much (may have gotten a similar one cheaper, such as the Leather up one), but no regrets because of the job it does.

I feel that the bottom line, regardless of price, get something that will protect you properly.

Matt
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode