LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-24-2012, 06:27 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium

Year/Make/Model: 2015
Displacement/CC's: 103ci
Color: Black
Garage
New eyewear report

I am sure there are many of you like myself who require corrective lenz. It's difficult to find a stylish pair of glasses that also provides good eye protection with or without a windshield. For those of you not familar with their web site, Zenni Optical has an excellect selection for a very reasonable price.
I placed an order several days ago and received my goggles Saturday. Today I went for a short ride to try them out and was very impressed. They are a sport type sunglass with an internally mounted corrective lenz attachment. I found them very comfortable, functional, and light in weight. The ones I ordered are model # 705418. They are not available in a bifocal. If you do a search on their home page for goggles you will see many styles to choose from. Just choose the frame you like, enter your prescription, check out and they are on there way.
The ones I chose with a couple of options were only $49.00
http://www.zennioptical.com/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-24-2012, 07:52 PM

My Optometrist told me to bring in a pair of sunglasses frames and he could retrofit them with my prescription. (Bifocals....I am so old.) Haven't done it yet but the option is out there.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-28-2012, 03:11 PM

Glasses?

I am 62 so I wear bifocal glasses. To me the simple thing was to buy transition glasses I like. This way I wear them under my visor (I have flip up visor on helmet ZR1). I wear dark shades during the daytime and change the visor to clear at night. I have bought a windshield from another rider and as soon as I get it I plan to put it on my bike (900 Custom). This will be the same set up I had on my previous bike (windshield, visor and transition glasses).

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-28-2012, 03:57 PM
V2K Rogue Wrangler

I've been using Zenni for a few years. I love to buy a pair of glasses for $25 while Everybody else is paying $250 for the same thing! A few months ago I bought 3 pair for backup, $75 delivered. Glasses not goggles. I prefer a face shield.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-04-2012, 04:22 PM

Eye wear

Hey thanks Bandit,
I went to my optometrist and paid $160 for " riding glasses" distance only cause they told me I don't want to use transition r bifocal lenses when riding. Looks like its time to look for a new doctor. Thanks for th info, good looking out...

Ron
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-04-2012, 04:53 PM

Ron M

I don't know why they would tell you not to use Bi-focal or Transition glasses. My doctor has said these were fine for me and I have used the transition glasses for 20 years I guess, maybe only 10 on the bi-focal though. I am 62 and been riding for quite some time. I was wearing glasses when I first started riding...maybe in 1966 a little before or a little later. ALL glasses for a LONG time were glass. The first transition were called "Photo Grey" and they were made of glass too. Been wearing these things since about 1957 can't put my finger in my eye so only wear glasses.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-04-2012, 08:20 PM

Location: Deep in the heart of the NW part of a major metro area in the SE part of a very large SW state.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaw-poke View Post
I've been using Zenni for a few years. I love to buy a pair of glasses for $25 while Everybody else is paying $250 for the same thing! A few months ago I bought 3 pair for backup, $75 delivered. Glasses not goggles. I prefer a face shield.
I just checked out the Zenni web site, liked what I saw, and placed my first order with them, paying a little over $100 shipped for a couple of pairs with progressive (damn this aging thing!) lenses, anti-glare coatings, and 80% tint on one pair. I'm looking forward to seeing just what kind of quality one receives at that price, but, then again, at that price it doesn't have to be too terribly high so long as the lens grind is accurate to the prescription.

"We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force." - Ayn Rand
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode