First Gear Jacket - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 05-16-2012, 10:24 AM Thread Starter
Top Contributor

First Gear Jacket

I recently purchased a new riding jacket. It's the First Gear Kilimanjaro jacket. Don't know how many of you wear textile jackets, especially the 3/4-length type of jacket, but up here in Alaska, the mesh stuff isn't always the best as it never really gets THAT hot. This jacket is in the Hi-Viz green, and boy can you see it coming!

The Kilimanjaro jacket has be a favorite of FG fans for over 10 years, which says a lot for it. I've had a lot of jackets over the years, and this one is a winner, IMO. Well-made and comfortable, with a removable insulated liner, it also waterproof and well vented to let air in when it does get warm out. A neat feature is a thin waterproof hood that rolls up into the collar, so when it rains out you can deploy the hood and keep the rain from running down your neck. I can say this: It is absolutely windproof and the liner has velcro-adjustable cuffs to keep the wind from blowing up your arms when it's cold out. It's one of the few FG products that seems to be accurately sized. I wear an extra large and that's what this one is, and it fits.

I tried on a pair of the FG HT Overpants to replace my mesh pants that are dying of old age and they didn't fit. Not even close. I wear a 36, which is what my FG mesh pants are, and which fit perfectly, and these were a 32 at best. I could hardly get them up over my hips, and I don't have any hips to speak of. I'll continue to look for riding pants.

Just thought I'd pass on my observations on this jacket. Oh, the MSRP on the Kilimanjaro is $299.00, but I got a discount which took some of the sting out of the purchase.

"Don't sweat the small stuff---it's all small stuff"

'09 650 VStrom
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode