Vulcan Leather Jackets - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-09-2012, 10:39 AM Thread Starter

Vulcan Leather Jackets

Hey guys, I have been trying to put together some gear for my new Vulcan 900. I have been looking at Harley Jackets, Joe Rocket jackets, Icon, and finally last night I ran across a Vulcan leather jacket. Well I really like it and am trying to talk the ebay seller into getting a new batch of jackets since he only has 3xl left.

Do any of you Vulcan owners own this jacket?

I can't buy it here since it's a 400 dollar minimum purchase for the first order.

http://www.myleather.com/site/produc...06#sizingchart

And this is the ebay listing:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ht_2882wt_1398
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-09-2012, 10:58 AM
Top Contributor

Year/Make/Model: 2014 Kawasaki Vulcan Vaquero ABS SE
Displacement/CC's: 1700
Color: Orange SE
Garage
For that price, just get yourself a Vulcan Riders and Owner Club, or just a Vulcan Logo patch, large or small, and have it sewn on the front or back if you really want a Vulcan logo.

"8 But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us."

Romans 5:8 (NIV)

2014 Kawasaki Vulcan 1700 Vaquero ABS SE
iPod Connector Kit, Kuryakyn Highway Pegs, Mustang Touring Seat, Marvella's Hitch, Kuryakyn Trailer Wiring Kit, Haul-Master Tag-a-Long Cargo Trailer

2011 Honda Shadow Aero 750 (Wife's)

Memphis shades quick-release windshield, OEM Solo Seat, Mustang Fender Bib, Chrome Solo Luggage Rack

Past: 2006 Vulcan 900 Classic LT
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-09-2012, 11:22 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romans5.8 View Post
For that price, just get yourself a Vulcan Riders and Owner Club, or just a Vulcan Logo patch, large or small, and have it sewn on the front or back if you really want a Vulcan logo.
I don't have a rider's jacket at all. I also really like the small Vulcan logos on the jacket. I asked the wholeseller about the quality vs let's say a Joe Rocket leather riding jacket. They said these are higher quality than the Joe Rocket. I don't like patch's at all. But just these little tiny insignia's on the zipper and collar are really nice IMO.

I believe the jacket itself it worth 180. And just the little logo's here and there, are just a nice touch for my bike.

Just curious, you don't think the leather jacket is worth 180? All the leather Joe Rocket jackets are going for 350+, and the Harley 650+. I though 180 is more or less a steal as long as its high quality and has the right protection.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-09-2012, 11:27 AM
Top Contributor

Year/Make/Model: 2014 Kawasaki Vulcan Vaquero ABS SE
Displacement/CC's: 1700
Color: Orange SE
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyarmour View Post
I don't have a rider's jacket at all. I also really like the small Vulcan logos on the jacket. I asked the wholeseller about the quality vs let's say a Joe Rocket leather riding jacket. They said these are higher quality than the Joe Rocket. I don't like patch's at all. But just these little tiny insignia's on the zipper and collar are really nice IMO.

I believe the jacket itself it worth 180. And just the little logo's here and there, are just a nice touch for my bike.

Just curious, you don't think the leather jacket is worth 180? All the leather Joe Rocket jackets are going for 350+, and the Harley 650+. I though 180 is more or less a steal as long as its high quality and has the right protection.
Oh, I thought you said it was $400. $180 is cheap.

I'm not a fan of leather so I guess I can't comment too much. It's too hot in the summer here for leather and, it doesn't protect you in the closet! I wear Carbolex gear because it protects me, it's comfortable, and I don't mind wearing it when it's 100+ out. For $180 that's not a bad price though! Does look sharp.

I'd look for some reviews though. Of COURSE the manufacturer is going to say it's higher quality than a Joe Rocket jacket.

"8 But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us."

Romans 5:8 (NIV)

2014 Kawasaki Vulcan 1700 Vaquero ABS SE
iPod Connector Kit, Kuryakyn Highway Pegs, Mustang Touring Seat, Marvella's Hitch, Kuryakyn Trailer Wiring Kit, Haul-Master Tag-a-Long Cargo Trailer

2011 Honda Shadow Aero 750 (Wife's)

Memphis shades quick-release windshield, OEM Solo Seat, Mustang Fender Bib, Chrome Solo Luggage Rack

Past: 2006 Vulcan 900 Classic LT
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-09-2012, 02:27 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romans5.8 View Post
Oh, I thought you said it was $400. $180 is cheap.

I'm not a fan of leather so I guess I can't comment too much. It's too hot in the summer here for leather and, it doesn't protect you in the closet! I wear Carbolex gear because it protects me, it's comfortable, and I don't mind wearing it when it's 100+ out. For $180 that's not a bad price though! Does look sharp.

I'd look for some reviews though. Of COURSE the manufacturer is going to say it's higher quality than a Joe Rocket jacket.
Sorry for the confusion.

There was a wholesaler that had the jackets for 115.00 a piece. The problem was you have to spend 400 dollars on the first order. Then next time you order you can spend whatever you want.

The ebay seller just had them for 180.00 free shipping.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode