Tall riders, where do you buy riding gear? - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-28-2017, 08:35 AM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
mistervenable's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Nashville, TN
Year/Make/Model: 2004 Kawasaki Vulcan 1500 Classic
Displacement/CC's: 1500
Color: Red and Black
Gender: Male
Posts: 22
Garage
Tall riders, where do you buy riding gear?

I'm 6'5" and 200 lbs and having a hard time finding riding jackets that fit. Where do the tall people get their gear?
mistervenable is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-28-2017, 01:20 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Saint Louis, MO
Year/Make/Model: 2000 Nomad 1500 fi
Displacement/CC's: 1500
Color: Purplish Black Mica
Gender: Male
Posts: 444
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistervenable View Post
I'm 6'5" and 200 lbs and having a hard time finding riding jackets that fit. Where do the tall people get their gear?


MENS JACKETS : Tall Jackets - Eagle Leather Motorcycle Gear and Accessories, Gear for the Ride.
RetroBagger is offline  
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-28-2017, 02:05 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
mistervenable's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Nashville, TN
Year/Make/Model: 2004 Kawasaki Vulcan 1500 Classic
Displacement/CC's: 1500
Color: Red and Black
Gender: Male
Posts: 22
Garage
Thanks! I've looked through that site... slim pickins'. Just trying to find a decent selection that will fit.

* * * * *
Just a dude who likes rock music, tattoos, and motorcycles.
mistervenable is offline  
 
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-28-2017, 03:30 PM
CRU
Senior Member
 
CRU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Seminole County, FL
Displacement/CC's: 1600
Gender: Male
Posts: 317
Garage
Quick google search for big and tall motorcycle gear turned up a bunch of stuff. These were the first two hits.

Men's Big and Tall Motorcycle Riding Gear - Chaparral Motorsports

https://www.revzilla.com/big-tall-motorcycle-gear

2008 Mean Streak Candy Fire Red
Vance & Hines Big Shots Staggered exhaust
Dyno tuned Power Commander III & K&N air filter
Corbin Young Guns saddle/Kawi Fire & Steel "Touring" Double saddle
Mapam forward controls
Kuryakyn Constellation LED driving lights w/turn signals
Kuryakyn ISO grips w/stiletto end caps
Kawi OEM backrest
Kawi Fire & Steel windshield
Bad Ace Billet handlebar risers
Signal Dynamics BackOFF XP brake light module
Tourmaster Coaster tool bag
CRU is offline  
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-28-2017, 03:37 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
mistervenable's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Nashville, TN
Year/Make/Model: 2004 Kawasaki Vulcan 1500 Classic
Displacement/CC's: 1500
Color: Red and Black
Gender: Male
Posts: 22
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRU View Post
Quick google search for big and tall motorcycle gear turned up a bunch of stuff. These were the first two hits.

Men's Big and Tall Motorcycle Riding Gear - Chaparral Motorsports

https://www.revzilla.com/big-tall-motorcycle-gear
Right, I guess I should've worded my initial post a little differently. I've spent hours on google and I've seen all those sites, and browsed trough their inventory, I am just curious as to where my fellow tall Vulcan riders are personally getting their gear.

I don't know which sites are price gouging, or sell cheap stuff, or whatever... I am more looking for personal recommendations. Thanks!

* * * * *
Just a dude who likes rock music, tattoos, and motorcycles.
mistervenable is offline  
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-29-2017, 07:45 AM
Junior Member
 
Deltasix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Charlotte, NC
Year/Make/Model: 2014 Vulcan Custom
Displacement/CC's: 900
Color: Gunmetal/Red
Gender: Male
Posts: 29
Garage
I am your height but have a few more pounds on you and am in the same boat. I have a leather jacket, but that came from a custom leather shop in Canada, probably not that much help for you!

I prefer riding in a textile/mesh jacket anyways, what with the heat here in the south. I've found Joe Rocket to be a great brand for tall/bigger sizes. My dad, who is closer to your build, bought one as well.

I commute year round and am currently rocking this one:
PHOENIX ION ? Joe Rocket

I use a heated jacket liner in the winter, but honestly this is the best deal I could find for what I wanted out of a jacket. I think I bought it from revzilla, ultimately. Their return policy is top notch.

Hope this helps.

-Wander
Deltasix is offline  
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-29-2017, 03:10 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
mistervenable's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Nashville, TN
Year/Make/Model: 2004 Kawasaki Vulcan 1500 Classic
Displacement/CC's: 1500
Color: Red and Black
Gender: Male
Posts: 22
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deltasix View Post
I am your height but have a few more pounds on you and am in the same boat. I have a leather jacket, but that came from a custom leather shop in Canada, probably not that much help for you!

I prefer riding in a textile/mesh jacket anyways, what with the heat here in the south. I've found Joe Rocket to be a great brand for tall/bigger sizes. My dad, who is closer to your build, bought one as well.

I commute year round and am currently rocking this one:
PHOENIX ION ? Joe Rocket

I use a heated jacket liner in the winter, but honestly this is the best deal I could find for what I wanted out of a jacket. I think I bought it from revzilla, ultimately. Their return policy is top notch.

Hope this helps.
Thanks brother. I really appreciate the insight!

* * * * *
Just a dude who likes rock music, tattoos, and motorcycles.
mistervenable is offline  
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-09-2018, 10:01 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 19
Bought a Milwaukee brand XL Tall jacket. Fits nicely in length but too much room in chest 6'4'' 190lb
Benjaja is offline  
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-09-2018, 02:01 PM
Top Contributor
 
texasnurse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Aggieland
Year/Make/Model: (SOLD) Kawasaki Vulcan S [Harley-Davidson FLXTRS Road Glide Special]
Displacement/CC's: 107 (1746cc)
Color: Bonneville Salt Pearl
Posts: 1,192
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjaja View Post
Bought a Milwaukee brand XL Tall jacket. Fits nicely in length but too much room in chest 6'4'' 190lb


Grow some chest!, I wear 2xl in Milwaukee tall jacket.


Saddle up and feel the wind in your Helmet! ATGATT
texasnurse is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tall Riders and Tail Bones otter Vulcan 1700 25 07-19-2019 03:57 PM
How do you fill your tank and where do you stop crooksie Vulcan 900 12 10-29-2018 10:31 AM
WHAT DO YOU DO? Are You Retired? Daboo311 The Lounge (Off Topic) 65 06-15-2013 02:45 PM
Tall guys - how do you ride? Cheesefood Vulcan 900 11 09-23-2012 02:59 PM
For the Tall Riders kingnba6 Vulcan 900 44 08-16-2012 07:19 AM

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome