LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-27-2012, 11:55 AM Thread Starter
Top Contributor

Year/Make/Model: 2014 Kawasaki Vulcan Vaquero ABS SE
Displacement/CC's: 1700
Color: Orange SE
Garage
I need some gloves

So deerskin lined long cuff thick leather gloves kinda stink when it's 90 out. (Whoda thunk it?) and my fiancee has kind of confiscated my summer riding gloves for her to wear (they were too small for me anyway).

So here's my question;

Any good recommendations for a cool breathable glove to wear in the summer? Preferably has some sort of knuckle protection and I love gloves with a thick leather palm pad and/or a gel insert in the palm (makes riding a lot more comfortable since I have stock grips and there's a lot of vibration, plus there's the protection factor). Bonus points if it's waterproof and/or has a rain wiper for those freak summer showers we get here in MO.

Thanks!

John

"8 But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us."

Romans 5:8 (NIV)

2014 Kawasaki Vulcan 1700 Vaquero ABS SE
iPod Connector Kit, Kuryakyn Highway Pegs, Mustang Touring Seat, Marvella's Hitch, Kuryakyn Trailer Wiring Kit, Haul-Master Tag-a-Long Cargo Trailer

2011 Honda Shadow Aero 750 (Wife's)

Memphis shades quick-release windshield, OEM Solo Seat, Mustang Fender Bib, Chrome Solo Luggage Rack

Past: 2006 Vulcan 900 Classic LT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-27-2012, 02:10 PM
Top Contributor

Just the other day I bought a pair of gloves similar to what you're looking for. They are made by Icon, found them at a dealer for around $35. Good knuckle protection but not too big and they breathe well.

2013 Honda CB1100
2008 Yamaha yz250f
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-27-2012, 02:45 PM Thread Starter
Top Contributor

Year/Make/Model: 2014 Kawasaki Vulcan Vaquero ABS SE
Displacement/CC's: 1700
Color: Orange SE
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blockhead View Post
Just the other day I bought a pair of gloves similar to what you're looking for. They are made by Icon, found them at a dealer for around $35. Good knuckle protection but not too big and they breathe well.
My local dealerships don't carry anything under $50 or so, except towards the fall when they have a clearance (Got some awesome Icon perforated leather/mesh gloves for my fiancee for $9 that retail at $59.99.)

I bought my current summer gloves online which was a mistake they are too small. They fit, but just barely, and the cuff is starting to split from me pulling on them to get them on.
533clive likes this.

"8 But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us."

Romans 5:8 (NIV)

2014 Kawasaki Vulcan 1700 Vaquero ABS SE
iPod Connector Kit, Kuryakyn Highway Pegs, Mustang Touring Seat, Marvella's Hitch, Kuryakyn Trailer Wiring Kit, Haul-Master Tag-a-Long Cargo Trailer

2011 Honda Shadow Aero 750 (Wife's)

Memphis shades quick-release windshield, OEM Solo Seat, Mustang Fender Bib, Chrome Solo Luggage Rack

Past: 2006 Vulcan 900 Classic LT

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-27-2012, 03:04 PM
wocka, wocka, wocka

r'man,, buying stuff at the mc store is like... buying stuff at the boat store.. 'spensive.
you can find gloves at mos any outlet and they dont need to be bike specific.. less corse you just have to have them black with some dum logo or..?
I find some very fine thin skin summer gloves at most hardware tool stores for $10 pair. often they are in multi pair packaging and if they dont last or I lose them or somebody decides they need them more than me, am not out a boatload of money.

post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-27-2012, 09:02 PM

online stores are great for this. i bought some cortech (gave it a try, so far it's a great glove!) sportbiker gloves. lots of protection and best of all, great breathing. it's a great summer glove, unfortunately i bought this pair mid-winter.

95' 88
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-27-2012, 09:34 PM
Top Contributor

I been wearing my wifes gardening gloves for the last 3 months she wants them back

I seen some that Im going to get at wal mart mens dept. leather palms with mess back made strong and cool for about 10.00
like ponch said they end up getting lost
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-28-2012, 04:22 AM
Lifetime Premium

post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-28-2012, 02:17 PM

Garage
Surprisingly, look at gloves designed for paintball. Most have knuckle protection and a padded palm, but breathe like you are almost not wearing gloves. They are comfortable and you can get both half and full finger styles. Best of all not too expensive.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-29-2012, 12:10 AM

I ride constantly and part of my military requirement if I'm riding and especially if I'm riding in uniform, is I have to have full finger gloves. The gloves I chose are my black Oakley combat gloves. These are available to civilians and are awesome. They feature a nice breathable material on each finger with breather holes along the fingers and the the rack knuckles are protected with impact resistant hardened material. Available from Oakley for about $45-$60 depending on where you get them from. Here's the link:

http://www.oakley.com/products/facto...palm/94025-001
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-29-2012, 06:12 AM

I have been wearing mechanic style gloves not the brand name mechanics although those aren't bad but all black breathable and most of these style are padded well for impact tools. The thing I like is there are tons of styles and brands and they are available almost anywhere. I have found them as low as 10 bucks but those ones barely make it through one year. I bought a 35 dollar set of dirt bike gloves with knuckle protection and all the knuckles peels off in the first month. thats when I switched to the mechanic style as they are sewn together not glued on pads.

08' 900 Classic solar indy yellow
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode