Join Date: Aug 2011
Year/Make/Model: 2014 Kawasaki Vulcan Vaquero ABS SE
Color: Orange SE
I would LOVE to have a pair of side zipper boots. The laces are getting annoying.
Here are my requirements for boots:
1) Built out of thick and sturdy leather that can handle a slide, preferably steel toe (ever 'kick' something on the highway? I did a while back, truck shredded it's tire around a corner ALL OVER THE PLACE, I got the bike in between the shards no problem but forgot I was cruising with my feet bowed out. YOWZA when I nailed a piece of rubber at 70 mph on my toe. Thankfully, my boots have injection molded plastic toes)
2) Well above the ankle. Various pics and stories of crashes I've seen and stories I've heard involve short-length boots or tennis shoes flying off, so they need to stay on.
3) Thick, oil resistant sole with thick 'off road' style treads. Comes in handy when your stepping into mud or stopping on a bunch of gravel or something, I like to have lots of grip in my boots.
4) Some degree of waterproofing. Nothing is more miserable than wet feet. If I get caught in the rain, I want my feet to be dry. Now, my boots lets some water in at the tongue, but the only time that's caused my feet to get wet is when I've waded through water. Hard rains I don't get much water.
5) Laces must be secured. I like those velcro tabs that go over the laces. That way they don't get caught on the shifter or brake pedal.
I run with Vega touring boots. I like them, very comfortable to ride in, but not the most comfortable to walk around in. Sturdy though, and not too expensive. I'd prefer a zip side.
"8 But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us."
Romans 5:8 (NIV)
2014 Kawasaki Vulcan 1700 Vaquero ABS SE
iPod Connector Kit, Kuryakyn Highway Pegs, Mustang Touring Seat, Marvella's Hitch, Kuryakyn Trailer Wiring Kit, Haul-Master Tag-a-Long Cargo Trailer
2011 Honda Shadow Aero 750 (Wife's)
Memphis shades quick-release windshield, OEM Solo Seat, Mustang Fender Bib, Chrome Solo Luggage Rack
Past: 2006 Vulcan 900 Classic LT