Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

Armoured Tee

3K views 15 replies 7 participants last post by  WEG 
#1 ·
Hello eveyone, i was wondering if anyone knows of an Armoured ong sleeve Top that i can get, im in Australia and sometimes we get tempretures of 42 degrees celcuis (not often) usually 38-40 but still, so a huge leather jacket or even a textile one is to much. does anyone no of one?
I no ya can get hoodies with CE armour in em just thought a nice light long sleeve would be nice :wink2:

#3 ·
Plenty of good mesh jackets with armor; the air blows right through the mesh and it's comfortable even in those high temps. I use one from Joe Rocket, but there are others.

#4 ·
Plenty of good mesh jackets with armor; the air blows right through the mesh and it's comfortable even in those high temps. I use one from Joe Rocket, but there are others.
I agree on the mesh and you shouldn't forget about the importance of color.
I like the silver Joe Rocket Phoenix 5.

But, nothing is comfortable at those temps!
107F is HOT!
Sitting in the shade wearing shorts and a tank top isn't comfortable @ 107.

A good mesh jacket at speeds above 25 mph will feel like you're wearing a lightweight long sleeve shirt.
Except for the back pad; that will make you sweat.

Scott

#9 ·
I took a slide down the pavement this summer as part of my close encounter with a
SAAB, while wearing a Joe Rocket mesh jacket with pads in the shoulders, elbows and spine. I was pushing down on an elbow pad trying to roll to the left so I could grind a different spot on my leg, when the elbow pad tore loose and jammed my elbow into the pavement. The mesh of the jacket had ground away and freed the pad.

The mesh of the Joe Rocket jacket was fairly heavy, but still it gave way quickly when I needed it. Can the mesh on those Bohn shirts, "made from a ventilated material similar to that of basketball vests", stay together long enough to do its job?

#10 ·
I took a slide down the pavement this summer as part of my close encounter with a
SAAB,... Can the mesh on those Bohn shirts, "made from a ventilated material similar to that of basketball vests", stay together long enough to do its job?
Hi Old Guy

Ouch! Sorry to hear about the Saab encounter...not good.
As for the Bohn Armor,
Nope, it isn't designed for abrasion, but for impact. That's pretty clear on their website. I have Kevlar reinforced "Sliders" jeans but they are hot in the summer. I also have a Kevlar pull over shirt that is pretty light, but I usually have my leather or textile jacket except for the hottest days then it's the shirt. Everything is a trade off when it's just plain hot and you are in traffic... Some days just stay by the pool :smile2:

WEG

#13 ·
Draggin make a long sleeved shirt that is kevlar lined & I find it more comfortable than the jacket in our summers. Cost was USD 160 inc postage when I got mine early last year- the exchange rate was good then also.

Reactions: Ramjam
#15 ·
This is why I love this forum, advice & information that helps us all.

Reactions: Ramjam
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.