Little annoyances can become big problems - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 07-13-2015, 07:17 AM Thread Starter
Top Contributor

Little annoyances can become big problems

A couple months ago I purchased a new HJC IS-33 3/4 helmet. In light rain I noticed a small amount of water leakage. Yesterday I rode in a driving rain for around 30 minutes and the helmet leaks so bad around the top face shield it becomes impossible to see. It's a hazardous situation when both sides of your face shield is wet and water is spraying onto your face from above.

The helmet was purchased in a distant city so taking it back is not practical, so I'm trying to improve the seal myself.

I have an older, cheaper HJC 3/4 helmet that has a rubber seal that is very pronounced and very effective. The rubber seal on the newer helmet is less pronounced and completely ineffective. It's also noisier than the older HJC helmet.

I do not recommend the HJC IS-33.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode