40% chance of showers - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-13-2015, 08:24 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
spuldup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Central OH-IO
Posts: 154
40% chance of showers

I remember from my childhood that it seemed to actually rain for days, then sunny for a few. Now, it seems like every day is just a chance for thunderstorms, usually like 20-40%. This makes it hard to decide to take the bike to work or not, since parking is outside only. I don't mind a little rain on her now and then but daily sideways " big ole fat rain" can not be good for electronics, the chain, or steel.

So, I'm in the market for a cover. I would just keep in a saddlebag, and deploy if rain showers are on the way, as we usually have an hours or so warning.

I have a cheap dust cover but don't trust that in tstorm winds.

Anybody have a recommendation for a compact, outdoor cover for intermittent use? I don't think heat resistance will be an issue since most storms move thru in the afternoon and the pipes will be cool.
Bike is an 800 classic, sometimes with a MS fats windshield but usually not.
Thanks!
spuldup is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-13-2015, 08:44 AM
Member
 
kballowe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Pacific, Missouri
Posts: 86
I would just Google motorcycle covers. There are a lot of them out there.
I carry a half cover. Very lightweight, stores easily, and is "water resistant"

2008 FLSTF
2010 GL1800 Gold Wing
2014 Vulcan Nomad 1700
2014 Versys KLE650
2015 FLSTC
kballowe is offline  
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-13-2015, 12:55 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 445
I have an 800 classic and use this cover in Large, covers completely over the bike with a windshield and luggage rack on the sissy bar. It works so far and at the on sale price I'm not too concerned about the life span of it. Also, it fits well into the draw string bag and takes up less space than a hoodie in the saddle bags.

http://www.cyclegear.com/BILT-Motorcycle-Cover

Last edited by Ron M; 06-13-2015 at 01:46 PM.
Ron M is offline  
 
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-13-2015, 05:59 PM
wocka, wocka, wocka
 
Poncho Villa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,618
40% chance of showers does that mean 60% chance of sunshine? or is it a mixed bag of otter bad weather?

ya, kno them climate changers are responsible for all this weather we been havin lately. an that treasoner mr. algore he done sold out to Al Geeriz, so now theyr predicting some perty nasty weather seeing they hate US so much..

Yanks, ya need to be nott electing so many demon cratts, they promise you the country bank for yor vote and when they deliver its just yor money theyr giving some of it back.. some of it... friggen weather, move south, vote secession. ponchout

btw, KB, which half the skoot do you kover?




Last edited by Poncho Villa; 06-13-2015 at 06:02 PM.
Poncho Villa is offline  
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-13-2015, 07:24 PM
zig
Lifetime Premium
 
zig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Northeast TEXAS
Posts: 1,349
Garage
You always cover the top half silly!?
zig is offline  
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-13-2015, 07:46 PM
BOTM Winner
December 2016

 
Luckymann77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Where the Horses Are Fast and the Grass is BLUE !!!
Posts: 326
Garage
Here ya go !!!

Pick your size ...

Water resistant is the truth...
Ain't none of em "waterPROOF" no matter what they claim...

Best I have found...
And NOT the most expensive !!!


Luckymann77





I love you more today than I did yesterday...
Yesterday you really PISSED ME OFF !!!


Long Time Rider...
First Time Vulcan Owner...

2005 Vulcan 1600 Classic
Majestic Metallic Red
Bagged up !!!
Chromed and Studded out !!!
Big 3
Cobra Dragsters
Cadmann
Wiseco/Doebeck EJK
Luckymann77 is offline  
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-14-2015, 06:27 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
spuldup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Central OH-IO
Posts: 154
Thanks everybody for the suggestions. Hard to tell how small they all roll up from a website. I'll look into em all!

Ponch no its sunshine all day till a blob moves thru in 15 minutes dropping a quarter inch of rain. Somehow that's 40%... Yeah I spect ole algore sent em too! Anyway rain makes corn corn makes whiskey...

Can't move south yet cuz a family but I think retirement will land us between/in TN and tejas. Durn long time away for me tho!
spuldup is offline  
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-14-2015, 07:20 AM
wocka, wocka, wocka
 
Poncho Villa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,618
Quote:
Originally Posted by zig View Post
always cover the top half silly!?
thata be like see you runnin around with just a top shirt on and no pance..

now I gotta get that image out of my head.. shake, shake, shake:gun:




Last edited by Poncho Villa; 06-14-2015 at 09:02 AM.
Poncho Villa is offline  
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-14-2015, 07:25 AM
wocka, wocka, wocka
 
Poncho Villa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,618
Quote:
Originally Posted by spuldup View Post
Ponch no its sunshine all day till a blob moves thru in 15 minutes dropping a quarter inch of rain. Somehow that's 40%... Yeah I spect ole algore sent em too! Anyway rain makes corn corn makes whiskey... Can't move south yet cuz a family but I think retirement will land us between/in TN and tejas. Durn long time away for me tho!
between? perzactly watt did you do? that yor not welcome either those places?
thata put you in Ar'kansas.. nott too shabby if you don't mind chiken ranches. lotts of hills n fishing holes. good riding and fishing.. bring some that whiskey. ponchout



Poncho Villa is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I have an '04 1500 Classic, I have a chance to buy '10 1700 Classic. Any thoughts? dougfoot General Vulcan Talk 22 03-01-2015 12:37 PM
Taking A Chance bartbow General Vulcan Talk 13 08-07-2013 08:44 PM
Effin Flash Showers Graywalker General Vulcan Talk 8 06-09-2013 08:34 PM
Lost a chance qxinfinity Vulcan 750 0 03-13-2010 01:35 PM

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome