Anyone Wearing OTG Goggles? - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-08-2014, 06:10 PM Thread Starter

Year/Make/Model: 2012 VN900B
Garage
Anyone Wearing OTG Goggles?

I'm in the market for tinted goggles to wear over my prescription glasses. My glasses measure 5.25" from hinge-to-hinge (outermost) and are 1.25" tall.

My budget is $60.00 max drive-out. I'm leaning towards Bobster Phoenix (cuz they come with interchangeable lenses):

...or the Airflow 9300's cuz they seem to get a lot of good reviews:

Any suggestions/advice/warnings would be welcomed.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-08-2014, 08:39 PM

I have been looking for goggles too. The airflow look goo I had my lenses extended to 1.5" which works great for reading. I am having a hard time finding something that fits and comes with a clear lenses in addition to the smoked one. Right now I have a half helmet which has a drop down smoked visor. At night I wear my 3/4 which has a full visor. Would love to wear my halfer all summer......The hunt continues.

Spinner

2007 900 Custom

Lots of nice upgrades......
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-09-2014, 07:31 AM
zig
Lifetime Premium

Garage
This doesn't help, but 7-8 years ago, with a new prescription in hand, I searched for glasses that wrapped around my face, like modern sun/safety glasses.I told people I wanted transition lenses. They all laughed, said I'd look stupid indoors with those on. A year or two later a tv shows started called Sons of Anarchy. The characters on that show were wearing those same glasses I wanted.
I ended up buying a prescription pair of sun glasses like I wanted and a leather glasses pouch for the inside of my windshield.

I'm sorry for everything I've ever said that has offended you up to this point and for the stuff I'll say that offends you tomorrow. Check back with me next week about all the new offensive stuff...

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-09-2014, 07:51 AM

I used to wear these when I was racing stock car.They fit pretty good over my glasses and sounds like my were about the same size as yours.If you look around,you can find them for about $14 a pair,for that price just try em.I got a set of aviator goggles for the bike but made my forehead sweat around them. http://www.ebay.com/itm/PAULSON-BUBB...c723ca&vxp=mtr
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-09-2014, 09:43 AM
Living The Dream

Garage
Can't go wrong with WileyX glasses with prescriptions and transition lenses. My insurance even covered them from the Optical place I get my eye exams at as well. Worth a look! I also used these goggles (link below) a couple times but just weren't for me. They did work OK tho the 1 time I needed them in the rain, before I got the WileyX glasses. I also got a pair of RayBan prescription sunglasses (non-transition) from the Optical place (also covered under insurance). Lotsa options out there. nly with the insurance can you get by cheap tho for those options, besides the goggles of course.

I still have the goggles and would be willing to sell them. If you are interested PM me. The are in new condition.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Loving My Mid-Life Crisis!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2008 Vulcan 900 Classic LT
1991 Harley Electra Glide Classic FLHTC
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-09-2014, 10:30 AM

Year/Make/Model: 2011 Nomad
Displacement/CC's: 1700
Color: Blue & Silver
Not OTG but I ordered a pair (actually two pair) of prescription goggles from Zenni Optical. I got one pair with almost clear lenses and one as dark as I could get them. They cost about $28 per. I wear progressive trifocals (yes I am old) but with these goggle I found that the single distance prescription works well. I just have to take them off if I am trying to read something within a foot of my face.

If you decide to go this route you will need your prescription and pupillary distance from the eye doctor. Just order online. Takes about 2 weeks to get them.

They do come with a nice case which I use to put my regular glasses in and throw in my saddle bags while riding.

I'm just a wayfaring stranger
Riding through life on a 2011 Nomad and a 2008 Goldwing
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-09-2014, 05:45 PM Thread Starter

Year/Make/Model: 2012 VN900B
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeputyLoud View Post
Can't go wrong with WileyX glasses with prescriptions and transition lenses. My insurance even covered them from the Optical place I get my eye exams at as well. Worth a look! I also used these goggles (link below) a couple times but just weren't for me. They did work OK tho the 1 time I needed them in the rain, before I got the WileyX glasses. I also got a pair of RayBan prescription sunglasses (non-transition) from the Optical place (also covered under insurance). Lotsa options out there. nly with the insurance can you get by cheap tho for those options, besides the goggles of course.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I still have the goggles and would be willing to sell them. If you are interested PM me. The are in new condition.
Sounds good! PM sent!!
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-10-2014, 07:09 AM
Living The Dream

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickD View Post
Sounds good! PM sent!!
Here's some pics. PM sent back to you. Only clear lens was used once. New condition with no scratches or blemishes. $25 shipped. PM me again and i can give you the email address to use for paypal transaction if you want them. Or I can put them on ebay, or you can get them from Amazon. Let me know, Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WP_20140709_20_04_46_Pro.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	96.5 KB
ID:	81362   Click image for larger version

Name:	WP_20140709_20_05_08_Pro.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	97.9 KB
ID:	81370   Click image for larger version

Name:	WP_20140709_20_05_27_Pro.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	96.6 KB
ID:	81378  

Loving My Mid-Life Crisis!

2008 Vulcan 900 Classic LT
1991 Harley Electra Glide Classic FLHTC
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-14-2014, 01:32 PM

OTG Option

Personally, I don't care for goggles. However, I have found Astro OTG 3001 Safety Glasses, from Uvex, work perfectly over my everyday Aviator-style glasses (~5 9/16" x 2 1/16").

I have one pair with sunglasses (Grey) lens and another pair with Clear lens for low-light conditions. 15% Visible Light Transmission (VLT) for the Grey lens and 92% VLT for the Clear lens. Both the Grey & the Clear are rated at 99.9% UV absorption.

They're adjustable and fit well, provide excellent protection yet allow air flow, scratch & fogging resistant, reasonably priced (~$13.00 w/S&H for a pair) and can be ordered from many safetly supply outlets (Cooper Safety Supply, JB Tool Sales, etc.).

Uvex are considered the top-of-the-line in eye protection by many industry safety professionals.

I just put them on over my regular glasses, strap on my Vega Half-helmet, and I'm good to go. No blinding rock or bug-eye yet, and I've worn them for years. Granted, they're not what I would call hyper-stylish (they're OTG's, so what can you expect?), but they do the job very well without costing an arm and a leg.

No - I don't work for Uvex - I just really like and strongly recommend them.

GRIFFJO
Montani Semper Liberi

2003 Vulcan® 800 Classic - Pearl Mystic Black
National Cycle Custom Heavy-Duty Windshield
Mustang Two-Piece Wide Vintage Touring Saddle
Volar SissyBar/Backrest - K&N Air Filter
Viking Quarter Circle SaddleBags & SissyBar Bag
Scootworks Sprockets (18/40 - 2.222:1 ratio)
Baron 3" Bullet Tachometer - Engine Guard (black gloss finish)
Michelin COMMANDER II front 130/90-16 73H, rear 140/90-16 77H
EK X-Ring Chain, Deer Warning Whistles & BackOFF® Brake Module
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-20-2016, 08:44 PM

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode