Helmet hotspot on forehead - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 06-20-2014, 07:08 AM Thread Starter

Helmet hotspot on forehead

Almost bought a HJC helmet today (staying under $200). Tried on a hjc cl-max2 modular. Fit great on top but the sides felt looser then the hjc CL-17 did. And the CL-17 had alot better vents for the hot desert and upright ridding.

But she put a red spot on top of my big forehead.

Can I rub, press, or even sand a bit of that internal styraphome liner to help remove that hot-spot?

Ive been looking for ao long now for places to carry my 66cm 3XL medium oval - neutral oval (according to youtube videos) shaped head. Amd local shops either dont have any or have the 2 I am speaking about. And thats it. And I dont have no 4-$600 for a Nolan or arai helmet

I really liked the cl-17. And the vents looked like they would work well in the desert sun. the hjc cl17 fit snug all around. All but for that hipoint wwould sanding it work?

2007 Vulcan 1600 Classic
Cobra Fatty Freeway Bars
Stock K&N Air Filter

Its better to be hated for who you are. Then to be loved for who you are not. --unknown (country song)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 07-29-2014, 12:50 PM

Same issue for me with my old HJC and my current GMAX, look up 'spooning' its where you take a metal spoon and with an idiotic amount of force compress the foam in the area where it contacts your forehead. I'm trying to see if I can locate a modular helmet for a long-oval shaped head as I'm kinda running out of patience with my current one.

'12 Vulcan 900 - 9500 Miles
'95 Vulcan 500 - 22,000 Miles
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode