Summer Gear - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-02-2014, 01:28 AM Thread Starter

Summer Gear

I am thinking of buying summer gear, last year I just went without a jacket and my head was sweating like crazy in my helmet. This year I want to buy a mesh jacket and a lighter colored helmet for summer riding. I have a 2012 Vaquero SE(which is neon green and black), I am considering buying a high viz jacket and helm that are the greenish yellow neon or I could get a silver jacket and helm. No matter which color I decide on the jacket would be the Joe Rocket Phoenix 5.0, but if I go high viz it would be a Fly Tourist Vista helm and for silver it would be a Speed and Strength SS650 helm. The price difference is only $9.00 so that will not sway me one way or the other. With the Fly helm I would have to switch shields for riding on sunny days, but that is just a minor inconvenience. I know that high viz would be better than silver(at least in theory), but which would be cooler(like I said summer wear)? Also, if you would recommend one helm over the other, could you give reasons why?

Thanks for any input you can give me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-03-2014, 06:41 AM
Lifetime Premium

I found the Olympia renegade felt much better against my skin. May want to try one if you can. I'm thinking of getting the Olympia switchback. It has a liner.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-03-2014, 12:12 PM
Top Contributor

Garage
No experience with either of those specific items, but I have a silver mesh jacket that I've worn around eastern NC and the FL panhandle for the last two summers. As long as I'm moving I get plenty of airflow and if the sun is really beating down, it's actually cooler than just a t-shirt. The sun isn't directly on me but I still get air through th mesh.

Both of my helmets I have now are silver. I've worn gloss black and flat black before, and other than touching it when putting it on or taking it off, I really can't remember a big temperature difference. Like you know, when it's hot, it's hot. I got the silver because I thought it would feel cooler but personally not a big change for me. If it's that hot, I just take it inside with me anyway. I always wear either a dew rag or a helmet liner anyway so that probably helps.

Last edited by Graybush; 05-03-2014 at 02:48 PM.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-17-2014, 08:04 AM

I got the Tour Master Venture Air Master pants and really like them.
I got double liners for rain and insulated.
I can ride with shorts on under the pants and feel nice breeze.

2008 Vulcan 1500 Classic fi
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode