Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

refound love, hello!

3K views 12 replies 4 participants last post by  VicFlo 
#1 · (Edited)
Apparently this is my first post on here but guess I made a log on and forgot. My bike was sitting in my garage collecting dust unregistered for almost a year til last week. I decided to clean her up get her registered and save some gas money. Man o man did I forget my first true love, riding.
I stopped riding due to me getting stationed from SC (fun riding roads out there) to coming out here to over populated San Diego, CA. So had to wait for my bike from the shipping company and had to find a place to live and then was scared shitless of the freeways and cagers on them. Then plenty of other things interfered stopping me from riding then I got a lil obsessed with my VW. But hey now I'm back.
Any ways enough of my lost ways and on to the 08 vn900lt.

current mods:
Cobra pro hp 2-1 pipes
kuraykn hypercharger pro r
cobra crash bars
PC3
Gutted my stock seat and stuffed it with memory foam

Next mods:
front overdrive pulley on order
Attempting the gas gauge fix this week
going to find a better fuel map must be running rich I can smell it
whitewalls
HID
scootworks Lowering kit
front light bar
fabbed oem windshield (too big)
breather filter
grips
mirrors
hard bags
bag protectors
custom speedo plate
phatrisers II
passenger floorboards
pegs for engine guards
new wheels
new paint
lightvisors
and whatever else eventually comes along.

See less See more
#2 ·
I have both a 2008 900LT and 1600 Nomad, I'll be honest the 900 is my favorite to ride.

Now much to my chagrin they were involved in a multiple hit and run. Nothing to serious. The Nomad windshield was scratched which led me to find this site, http://www.7jurock.com. Turns out they make a lot of replacement shields and they are very reasonable. Here is the link to the 900 LT windshield page. He sells them in OE and custom sizes. Prices start at $100.

As far as the bags go, how soon are you planning on replacing yours? I need to buy new ones but I am willing to buy used ones, interested in selling yours?

#9 ·
I have both a 2008 900LT and 1600 Nomad, I'll be honest the 900 is my favorite to ride.

As far as the bags go, how soon are you planning on replacing yours? I need to buy new ones but I am willing to buy used ones, interested in selling yours?
I may be able to help you out, i am installing hard bags tommorrow, mine are OEM leather, used, mint condition, no marks, scratches etc. I do not have the original brackets though as i am using them for my hard bags. I am in the States weekly, 5 days at a time, so postage is not a problem, if you want you can PM me with your location, price ... i have no idea what they are worth, but i would rather help someone out than make a large profit.

Cheers Maurice

#3 ·
oh I forgot to mention, chances are you are actually running lean and not rich.

#4 ·
thats a sharp looking ride, what type (brand) of 2 into 1 is that???

#6 ·
It says Cobra Pro

#5 ·
windshield

Cruiser after reading your blog I remembered my trip to the local car glass dealer when I made my lowers that does windshields and mirror replacement. They do (which I'm sure most do) work with Lexan which comes smoke too, and they only charge $45 to make a duplicate of the original. They said many riders do this after theirs gets scratched and don't want to buy a whole new unit. I bought the slipstreamer 22" and will do that when the time comes.

#7 ·
Cruiser after reading your blog I remembered my trip to the local car glass dealer when I made my lowers that does windshields and mirror replacement. They do (which I'm sure most do) work with Lexan which comes smoke too, and they only charge $45 to make a duplicate of the original. They said many riders do this after theirs gets scratched and don't want to buy a whole new unit. I bought the slipstreamer 22" and will do that when the time comes.
The place I mentioned CNC's all the hole etc. I think their price is fair for what they do.

#8 ·
awesome thanks for all the sources and yep the pipes are cobra. the bags not in any rush, waiting to find a cheap set of used nomad bags that I can then fashion on to my bike. When the time does come around I will keep you in mind.

#12 ·
Threadjacked OR we had A D D ;)

#13 ·
So I'd like to turn this into my own build thread even though my bike isn't going under drastic major changes. I just paid for a new lid (scorpion evo 900) and the scootworks overdrive front pulley. I'm very excited to be doing this install, and I just keep reading more n more positive reviews and install guides, btw ty to all for their input and reviews. Just looking at my bike now its screaming for a light bar. Me being extremely cheap I noticed how the side markers are bolted on I plan to make my own bracket and add lights there. Will also be adding a button for my garage door opener to the handlebars somewhere. Dear ol dad is currently fabbing up some bar risers for me and I found a real close shop to dyno and tune my bike.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.