Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

Guided Tours

688 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  whiting57 
#1 ·
Hey all.

I'm forward deployed right now, and am trying to figure out what to do with my R&R trip. I have two weeks off, and was thinking about going to Australia or New Zealand and doing one of those guided motorcycle tours. Does anyone know any company that doesn't charge about $3000 for a tour?

That seems to be the standard price across all the sites I've seen so far. The Coast Guard pays for my travel to whatever location I want, but 3k for a tour is still pretty prohibitively expensive, especially at my pay grade.

If anyone has any recommendations about companies, I'd love to hear them. Thanks!

#2 ·
Most "bike only" rentals are around $100 or so per day. You don't say how long the trips are, for 3 g's or what is included in that price. A 2 week tour, bike, gas, insurance, meals and accommodation included maybe reasonable at that price. A one week tour may not.

Australia is not a cheap place to live or travel in. While their wages are comparable to their prices, when you look at US or Cdn $$'s to their prices, its a lot higher. I was home last August and found prices a lot higher than what I was used to here in North America.
I'm going back this December with my family of 4 for 3 weeks, 10 g's for airfares and I estimate another 5 to 7 g's for splash cash.

It ain't cheap.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.