Kawboys Norther Adventure 2.0 - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-03-2018, 10:16 PM Thread Starter
Top Contributor

Year/Make/Model: V2K Does it matter what year??
Displacement/CC's: A Shitload
Color: Black+Gun Metal
Garage
Kawboys Northern Adventure 2.0

Calling all kawboys:

I am assigned to give the call out to all riders willing to do an EPIC RIDE, we already started planning a ride to take off from Salt Lake City, Utah headed for Canada, do a few days of mountain riding and come back to the US a few miles West.

The timing, as of now, is at the end of August 2019, maybe early September but still scanning for the best weather time frame.

Right now 2 riders are signed up, yours truly and the mighty Poncho. All interested chime in cus' the planing here in the forum is half the fun.

ZIG / COOTER / KENDAWG / RICKY BOBBY / DON RUMATTA: hope you guys can make it, looking forward to riding with you again.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
salu2
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Chanoc

Last edited by chanoc1077; 03-26-2019 at 10:33 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-12-2018, 06:54 PM Thread Starter
Top Contributor

Garage
I can see there might be no takers on this one.

Maybe you just waiting 'till the next year get's going b4 you start making plans... well, just do not tell me later I did not give enough time for planning or a a proper heads up!!

salu2

Chanoc
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-26-2019, 10:49 PM Thread Starter
Top Contributor

Garage
This thing started to move along, right now we are between mid-late July or Mid August,

Both original riders with different open dates due to personal commitments so we are trying to figure out a common window to do this ride together.

Meeting point has been moved to Helena, MT as to concentrate the ride closer to the North border, maybe do a ride by in Glacier National park's "Going to the Sun Road" before jumping the border and focusing on Canada's Waterton Lakes/Lake Louise/ Banf/ Jasper national parks. The eplan is to ride the area and maybe do a bit of hiking to enjoy the parks while we give the butts some rest, come back trough Kamloops before parting ways.

I will most pro'bly head west to Vancouver island before jumping the fence back to US side and figure out a route to the southern border from there, maybe I can find a nice road with a decent scenery to pass the time. So far all I got in my head to visit Thor's Well, Crater Lake and I really need to ride my bike trough the Golden Gate at least once (traffic be dammed).

The invite is still open for any one interested in any part of the ride (and site and route adjustment suggestions are most welcome).

salu2

Chanoc

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-31-2019, 12:51 AM
Top Contributor

Year/Make/Model: 2013 Vulcan Nomad
Displacement/CC's: 1700
Color: Blue/White
Chanoc,

Been awhile since I have been on this forum. I hope all is well with you and your family. This sounds like a great trip. However, my summer breaks are shorter now. 2d week of June through the 4th U.S. Independence Day holiday. Hollo" and to be safe.pe it comes together. If it does, tell the fellas I said hello and be safe.

KenDawg
1SG, USA (Retired)
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-02-2019, 02:08 AM Thread Starter
Top Contributor

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenDawg View Post
Chanoc,

Been awhile since I have been on this forum. I hope all is well with you and your family. This sounds like a great trip. However, my summer breaks are shorter now. 2d week of June through the 4th U.S. Independence Day holiday. Hollo" and to be safe.pe it comes together. If it does, tell the fellas I said hello and be safe.
Kendawg: Hello there, glad to hear from you, how is the nomad treating you?
Sorry to hear of your reduced summer schedule, I'm sure it makes for shorter rides.
Ponch and I are trying to make our schedule come together to do this ride. Either way I have plans to do it with my wife regardless if we can do it with Ponch or not.

I will end up doing a ride report for it.

Hope we can ride together again sometime without any credit card drama.

salu2

Chanoc
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-02-2019, 06:51 AM
Top Contributor

Year/Make/Model: '05
Displacement/CC's: 800
Garage
you do realize that Canada is up North right? I mean, just to give you a heads up here, Canada Geese begin their yearly migration South beginning the mid to end of August, actually up North it begins to snow last week of August around the 25th

Thunder Mfg teardrop 40's K&N 170MJ 48PJ 2.75turns DynoJet Needle DNO106 2nd notch V&H Cruzers Aeromach risers Michelin Commander IIs Wix 51358 filter 17T/40 Sprockets, 2357 rear bulbs
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-03-2019, 01:14 PM Thread Starter
Top Contributor

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by btom View Post
you do realize that Canada is up North right? I mean, just to give you a heads up here, Canada Geese begin their yearly migration South beginning the mid to end of August, actually up North it begins to snow last week of August around the 25th
Yep, we realize that but by the same token you still get rains and some storms mid July, 2 years ago we had a similar plan at the start of July, we ended up changing the plans for some passport issues of 2 of the riders in the group (me one of them) and we were as close as 15 and 30 miles from the northern border at different points of the route, that year, had we gone to our original Canada route, we would have ridden trough rain several days, not the best way to enjoy those mountain views, me think.

So, after several inquiries we ended up with around middle of August as the optimal target, shooting for the driest at least. Then personal schedules come into play.

Right now one of the riders wants middle-end of July (has to be back home in Texas early August) and the other (me) is/am trying to delay until 1st or 2nd week of August for personal reasons also.

As with any trip, weather is still a crap shoot anyway and you have to be ready to adjust route, timing and sleeping arrangements at the drop of a ...... cloud.

Sooooo, as we make the plan, we do go trough some research and at the end make a choice and hope for the best. We do look for alternative so when we have to make changes on the fly we are not completely guessing, it just adds to the adventure part of the trip and that is one aspect that makes this different from a car trip.

salu2

Chanoc

Last edited by chanoc1077; 04-03-2019 at 01:17 PM.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-07-2019, 09:39 AM
Top Contributor

Year/Make/Model: 2013 Vulcan Nomad
Displacement/CC's: 1700
Color: Blue/White
Yes, I would enjoy that. "The Nomad is a great bike. I have just over 20,400 miles on her, and she runs just like she always has. I bought a KLR 650 last fall and now have 2 bikes. I think I am going to ride the "Shadow of the Rockies Trail" from El Paso, TX up to Craig, Colorado and back down. Mostly dirt roads and trails. Ought to be fun.

KenDawg
1SG, USA (Retired)
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-07-2019, 10:17 AM
Top Contributor

Year/Make/Model: 2006
Displacement/CC's: 750
Color: Red/black
Garage
Man, I wish I had the time and the cash to do this sort of thing. There are guys over in the VROC forum that think nothing of ripping through multi-state rides over long periods of time. I just have to sit back and dream about it. Personal, family commitments and finances prevent me from doing this every time. If it isn't one thing, its another.

So let's get another great trip report from ya!! The last one was excellent reading. Momma is going, too, right?

Chris Cochran
Retired USAF '74 to '95 AMMO
Engine guard with highway pegs
Luggage rack
GPS on RAM handlebar mount
MCCTs replaced ACCTs
Iridium plugs: DPR7EIX-9
Custom made seat (verrry comfortable)
LED turn signals with rear signals relocated
LED license plate holder
Hard mounted Viking saddlebags
Hard mounted fork tool bag (free from Viking)
LED running lights on custom light bar
National Cycles Low Boy Heavy Duty windshield
Home made lowers
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 09:25 PM Thread Starter
Top Contributor

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by VN750Guy** View Post
Man, I wish I had the time and the cash to do this sort of thing. There are guys over in the VROC forum that think nothing of ripping through multi-state rides over long periods of time. I just have to sit back and dream about it. Personal, family commitments and finances prevent me from doing this every time. If it isn't one thing, its another.

So let's get another great trip report from ya!! The last one was excellent reading. Momma is going, too, right?
Oh YES!!! she's in for this one, we just did a week of camping around Utah for our 30th anniversary (by car this time) and we loved it. Every time we had a nice twisty road I was missing my bike, we did hit some very cold temps at some points and there I did not miss it so much.

salu2

Chanoc
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode