Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

Power of a 800 classic

6K views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  Henry j 
#1 ·
I'm buying an 800 and just wondering what the power is like. I am used to riding very fast sport bikes and I am getting a good deal with an 800 classic I could not pass up. I just want something to ride around casually and occasionally with a passenger. What do you all think.
:)

#4 ·
I'd had mine for a couple of months. Plenty of power for cruising around. My VStrom is definately quicker. But the 800 it's plenty fast, no problem riding my gf on the back either.

One of the things I love about the bike is the wide powerband, going down city boulevard it's easy to stay in one or two gears, a lot less shifting than on a sportbike. Makes the whole stoplight experience much more pleasant.

#5 ·
Plenty of power in the 800. Of course, it's not a sport bike, but it will do fine for what you are wanting. You can really spice it up a bit by adding aftermarket pipes and opening the intake by scooterizing or adding an aftermarket air intake. The 800 rev limiter hits about 8200rpms, so you can wind it on up. Second gear will get you around 80 before the limiter cuts in. And it likes to rev, so wind it on out. You can add some highway legs by changing out the sprockets, 18/40 is the recommended, gives the same ratio as a belt, and cuts the vibs down at highway speeds.

Rebel Rider

#8 ·
I love my kow

I have a 2004 800 and i enjoy it spiced it a bit with corbra exhaust and seat, rejetted the carb, replaced handle bars, Kand N air filter with hy-percharger,l droped it down and u want believe the last THING , well it was cut in half and put a custommize swingarm to take care of the sweet 250 rear tire, and let me tell u she is sweet soon as i fuger out to post attachments i will post picture.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.