Starting issue - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-20-2018, 12:23 PM Thread Starter

Starting issue

Ok I have a 2002 vulcan 800 and it was running good last year. This year it doesn’t want to run. I tore out the carb and cleaned it all up and put it back in and it started right up and ran great besides pouring gas because I didn’t have the needle in the whole way. So I fixed that and it went back to giving me trouble. It will fire right up and run for a couple seconds then die. Kinda like it’s running out of gas. So I tore it all out again and double checked everything and I’m still not having any luck. Plugs are good. I drained all the gas and put fresh gas in. Snooped around on other posts looking for ideas. Checked the breather lines on the gas tank. All clear. Fuel filter is all clear. Gas coming out of the tank just fine. No idea what my next step should be. Unless I hooked the lines from the carb up wrong but given the lengths and sizes I don’t think I did. Any suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-22-2018, 01:45 AM

Did you prime the carb? Put pitcock on prime. I had this issue when I rebuilt my carb. I took the air filter cover off and spray a little carb cleaner and used a shop rag as a chock and placed over inlet till it ran. Also check your idle. Just putting out a few ideas hope it helps
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-22-2018, 02:50 PM Thread Starter

So I tore it all back out again and found a lot of rust or just old crappy gas. It was orange and goopy. Lol. So I drained the gas all out and put some parts cleaner and worked it all around for a few hours. Hoses out the carb again since the bowl was full of this nasty crap. Put it back together with some fresh gas and some sea foam and it started but I had to keep on the gas and it was sputtering and popping through the air filter. So today I got to thinking maybe I didn’t have the carb seated right where it goes to the motor and I was sucking air since those little clamps are a nightmare to get to. So I got in there and paid real close attention and made sure everything was seated right. Now I’m not starting again. Also made sure the bowl was still clean again and it was. And then it started raining and I had to come inside
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode