Noise levels - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-19-2017, 12:20 PM Thread Starter

Year/Make/Model: 1999 Kawasaki Vulcan 800A
Displacement/CC's: 800
Color: Depends
Garage
Noise levels

Desided to do the debaffle operation for my bike based on all the numerous youtube videos, and oh boy was it loud!!

Are there any aftermarket pipes that have nice rumble, but bit lesser sound than debaffled stock exhaust, but still can handle increased air after bigger jets and for example hypercharger?

Had to tag weld baffles back to muffler to avoid nasty looks from neighbours, but left some big gaps to feel atleast half manly

Because there's never enough of Vulcan videos, here's one more from southeast Norway.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/MMCK-_omZV4

Trump this
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-24-2017, 03:25 AM

Year/Make/Model: 2005 Vulcan 800 Classic
Garage
Definitely don't go for the Vance and Hines Straightshots! Not because they're bad, but because my GOD they are loud. They are at least twice as loud as the de-baffled stock exhaust, even with quiet baffles. My ears feel like I went to a heavy metal show after a 10 minute ride if I'm not wearing ear plugs...

I found the de-baffled stock exhaust to be the best of both worlds, however you can always just drill out the rear plate to get a bit more volume while still keeping it reasonable.

Never argue with a fool: onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-24-2017, 03:49 AM Thread Starter

Year/Make/Model: 1999 Kawasaki Vulcan 800A
Color: Depends
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beans View Post
Definitely don't go for the Vance and Hines Straightshots! Not because they're bad, but because my GOD they are loud. They are at least twice as loud as the de-baffled stock exhaust, even with quiet baffles. My ears feel like I went to a heavy metal show after a 10 minute ride if I'm not wearing ear plugs...

I found the de-baffled stock exhaust to be the best of both worlds, however you can always just drill out the rear plate to get a bit more volume while still keeping it reasonable.
Could be that i'm just getting too old, but my to my ears, the debaffled pipes were as loud as any of those extremely loud harleys.
My baffles look a bit different than any of the pictures i've found on the internet. Dont know if that makes any difference.

I'm satisfied now with just holes, slightly bigger than the rivet holes though, while i'm planning on a strategy to convince the wife that i absolutely must get these
https://www.leovince.com/int/en/prod...vn-800-classic
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	baffles.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	103.5 KB
ID:	195458  

Trump this

Last edited by Sami; 06-24-2017 at 03:55 AM.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-24-2017, 11:21 AM

Year/Make/Model: 2005 Vulcan 800 Classic
Garage
Those look pretty nice. It will probably be hard to do, but it wouldn't be a bad idea listening to a bike with a set of those pipes on it. I was blown away by how loud the pipes I got were, but after they were shipped to me, wrapped, and installed it was too late.

Never argue with a fool: onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-26-2017, 06:09 AM

Year/Make/Model: 1999 Kawasaki Vulcan 800 Classic
Color: Black/red
Garage
I just removed my baffles this weekend from my 99 Vulcan 800... gotta say I love it!!! They are louder but not annoying loud. Sound just about what I was looking for, and you are right Sami mine did not look like the ones you posted a pic of?? The wife's not to thrilled about it being louder but oh well she doesn't even get on the damn thing with me..lol I live in a real quiet neighborhood and leave for work at 6:00 am if I pretty much just idle through my cul-de-sac it's not wake people up loud. I debated for a long time before I took these out just in case it would be way too loud because once they are out they are out and I'am not buying a new exhaust this year. I like the sound so much I don't even think I will get a new one?

Life's a ride do it on a Vulcan!!
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-27-2017, 09:23 PM

Year/Make/Model: 1997/Vulcan/Classic
Color: Blue
I am running Cobra pipes, they are lighter than the stock pipes, and they sound good.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode