Powerzone 1700 lbs Motorcycle Lift - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017, 09:08 AM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium

Year/Make/Model: 2001 Kawasaki Vulcan Classic (VN800-B)
Displacement/CC's: 800
Color: Metallic Nocturne Blue (C6)
Garage
Powerzone 1700 lbs Motorcycle Lift

Question for the more seasoned people out there. I have this lift: https://www.amazon.com/PowerZone-380...powerzone+1700

I have read on this forum that it is wise to use spacers to lift the 800, hockey pucks were recommended on a few posts. I picked up a set of several pucks. What amount of them do you all think I will need to get the bike level and clear any parts hanging below the frame? For example: 2 under the front, 1 under the rear? 1 under each each?

I'm completely new to motorcycle maintenance, obviously, and don't want to mess up the basics if I can help it. Planning on changing the oil in my bike later today/this weekend as I have no idea how long the previous owner let it sit since last change.

I do have Rhino tie downs and loops so I'm hoping I can manage to do it without dropping the bike off the lift...

2001 Vulcan Classic (VN800-B), North Salt Lake, UT - Newbie Rider, Amateur Computer Programmer, Gaming Enthusiast, Semi-Pro PC Builder, Hockey Fan, Husband, Father, Grandfather, Dog Owner
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-21-2017, 08:57 AM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium

Garage
Well, I've discovered the lift is not wide enough for the bike's frame. Any suggestions?

2001 Vulcan Classic (VN800-B), North Salt Lake, UT - Newbie Rider, Amateur Computer Programmer, Gaming Enthusiast, Semi-Pro PC Builder, Hockey Fan, Husband, Father, Grandfather, Dog Owner
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-21-2017, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cscroop View Post
Well, I've discovered the lift is not wide enough for the bike's frame. Any suggestions?
Make an adapter out of 2x4s?

-John

2016 Vaquero (mostly stock)
2005 VN800B Bobber (Blue Collar Bobbers kits)
1979 KZ650SR

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-21-2017, 10:17 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DraKhen99 View Post
Make an adapter out of 2x4s?

-John
Any pictures of how that would be done?

post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-22-2017, 09:21 AM

Hi Cs,

I used the Habor Freight bike lift that looks like the on you added the link to but I do not know if it is the same length as yours.

If you need a few more inches to reach the frame I would buyt angle iron from Home Depot and drill a hole that matches up with the bolts on your jack to give you the length needed. Also, are you able to put the jack further under the bike? I don't have pictures but I'm sure you can find pics if you google search it.

Just and FYI in case you can return the lift you bought. I have and still use the $20 lift I made, it's secure and you can move it towards the front or rear depending where you are working. You can add eye bolts if you feel better using a tie down. Good luck.

$20 Bike Lift

Ron
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode