Looking for new ideas or compatibility...... - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-25-2016, 07:41 PM Thread Starter
Bike Of The Summer Winner 2017

Year/Make/Model: 1996 Kawasaki Vulcan 800A
Displacement/CC's: 800
Color: Blue
Garage
Looking for new ideas or compatibility......

I currently have a 96 800a and turning it into a custom bagger (not just with bags) and I am running into the issue of finding gas tank extensions and the piece that goes in between the bags to line them up correctly for paint and looks. I ordered the front fender for the 21 inch rim because I will stick with that until i have the rest in place and then I will be going 26 inches or larger for a front rim. I ordered the down and out fiberglass set for the rear that I am going to have to completely customize to fit the back end. So, with that all being said, I need someone to point me in the right direction for gas tank shrouds/extensions and the part that goes in between them and the bags. Finding any customizable part for the 800a is nearly impossible and I've only seen like 3 vulcan 800a's on the internet that have successfully completed a custom bagger which is why I chose to go all out on this project for something show quality and to shock them when I tell them what it really is. On a side note, are the 800a's compatible with any harleys at all as far as fenders and body parts? I know the motor isnt, but looking more in the lines of the bagger mounting kits or factory brackets for the rear fender. Thank you in advance.

P.S. This is more of the look I am trying to pull off here in the next 2 months.....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	maxresdefault (1).jpg
Views:	216
Size:	97.8 KB
ID:	160242  

Can't touch this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-01-2016, 10:28 AM
Lifetime Premium
BOTM Winner
May 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helvetic View Post
I currently have a 96 800a and turning it into a custom bagger (not just with bags) and I am running into the issue of finding gas tank extensions and the piece that goes in between the bags to line them up correctly for paint and looks. I ordered the front fender for the 21 inch rim because I will stick with that until i have the rest in place and then I will be going 26 inches or larger for a front rim. I ordered the down and out fiberglass set for the rear that I am going to have to completely customize to fit the back end. So, with that all being said, I need someone to point me in the right direction for gas tank shrouds/extensions and the part that goes in between them and the bags. Finding any customizable part for the 800a is nearly impossible and I've only seen like 3 vulcan 800a's on the internet that have successfully completed a custom bagger which is why I chose to go all out on this project for something show quality and to shock them when I tell them what it really is. On a side note, are the 800a's compatible with any harleys at all as far as fenders and body parts? I know the motor isnt, but looking more in the lines of the bagger mounting kits or factory brackets for the rear fender. Thank you in advance.

P.S. This is more of the look I am trying to pull off here in the next 2 months.....
I just finished my 800 classic Bagger. The only thing I can think of is the heritage that resembles the 800. Here is a picture of mine.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
ldizzle likes this.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-01-2016, 12:35 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Nice, I like it. I got the down n out kit so it will be lower and longer, just haven't figured out how I want to go about extending the gas tank to fit the side covers. I don't know much about molding fiber glass but I'm going to attempt it.

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-03-2016, 11:11 PM
Lifetime Premium
BOTM Winner
May 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helvetic View Post
Nice, I like it. I got the down n out kit so it will be lower and longer, just haven't figured out how I want to go about extending the gas tank to fit the side covers. I don't know much about molding fiber glass but I'm going to attempt it.
I kind of followed a post from (Baldmarine) he has good ideas. I used clay to form around the seat and to tie into the fender. I would assume you could do something similar.

post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-03-2016, 11:11 PM
Lifetime Premium
BOTM Winner
May 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlyIllusions View Post
I kind of followed a post from (Baldmarine) he has good ideas. I used clay to form around the seat and to tie into the fender. I would assume you could do something similar.

post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-03-2016, 11:14 PM
Lifetime Premium
BOTM Winner
May 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlyIllusions View Post

post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-04-2016, 11:50 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Like it man. Just got the stuff in the mail. I'm going to have to make the rear fender brackets wider to make it fit and chop up the stock fender. As far as the gas tank, I can't find any extensions for the vulcans smaller tank. I believe the vulcan has a 4 gallon and the smallest extensions I can find are for a 5 or 6 gallon tank.
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-06-2016, 07:12 PM
Lifetime Premium
BOTM Winner
May 2016

I had to do the same to my fender and brackets. Well you could always go with the bigger tank like one from a 1500. Yes it's a 4 gallon tank. The front fender on mine is off a 1500 and it's all metal.

post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-06-2016, 08:25 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Will the holes line up with the 1500 tank?
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-07-2016, 10:43 AM
Lifetime Premium
BOTM Winner
May 2016

Not 100% sure but I know I've seen an 800 with 300 series wide tire vulcan on YouTube that had a larger tank.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode